Tuesday 6 July 2021

Help I've Fallen......... Oh Wait I Did Get Up.

 First of all I am fine. My ego is bruised and the metal garden globe got flattened but all in all things are ok. Having said that I will give you the full story. 

So last week it was way to stinkin hot to work in the yard. That had been my intention, I had weeded round the front yard then I planned to make a stab at the back yard. The heat however put this on hold as I do not do well with heat. This week the heat has broken and today was nearly chilly. My legs were feeling not too bad so I decided to have a go at the back yard.


Really needs it don't you think? Well I got stuck in, I planted the last of the petunias and started to do the weeding. I was going along rather well, and then next thing I knew, I was planted firmly on my arse in the midst of the glass mushrooms, the metal globe was flattened and I had bounced my head off the side of the shed. Harumph! what a pickle. How to get back on my feet. I could stay where I was and be a garden gnome. Not the best of plans so I needed to get up.  I will have to say that I can fall with the greatest of ease. Thankfully I don't tense up so I rarely get hurt. The downside is getting up. That is where I have a terrible time. 

Thankfully the glass mushrooms remained intact. One of the caps came unglued from the stem but no other damage done.


So on hands and knees I got myself over the wine bottles and over to the bench, Once there I managed to haul myself up to my feet, took a few attempts but at last I managed it. My knees do not like it when I am on them, they complain very loudly and I am sure tomorrow they will still be complaining, Best of all was I got back up again.  I did go back into the flowerbed. once I got my wits about me and planted two hostas that I got this year to add to the bed. I wanted to show the flowerbed who was the boss.



Because I do "Linda weeding", its hard to see that I have done anything. I left the blue box in the picture to prove that I actually did remove some weeds. I gave the bed a good watering and all was well. 

I even managed to get the dumpsters out to the back alley. Thankfully I did that before I went splat.  They should have been put out last week but that just never happened. It shall be interesting to see if I remember to bring them back in. 

I hope to get out and do more weeding tomorrow. I also hope to get the metal globe standing back upright once again. The tree needs pruning and then I can move back into the front yard. The work never ends and I shall keep plugging away at it. It is good for me to keep doing all I can do myself.



I have gotten the top for Birthday Twin's quilt finished. I hope to get the backing material soon and then I can get at the actual quilting. Next quilt I start will be one of the donation quilts I hope to make. I need to settle on a pattern, there are so many that I want to try. The mind boggles at the possibilities, She has asked me to make two cushion covers, one for each of her children, I think that is a lovely idea.

That;s it for the excitement for today. Here's hoping  that tomorrow if I get back out there, I manage to maintain my footing,.and keep my arse from sitting on the mushrooms.

Toodles

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment