Thursday 3 June 2021

Another WeeK

 Its hot this week and I have to admit that that is slowing down my yard work even more. Its hard to believe I could be any slower but I am.  The upside is that I am still putting away at it.



A little before and after of where the marigolds will eventually live. I am not a very tidy weeder but I get the majority of them. I actually got some of the pots planted yesterday but I did not think to take pictures. 

On Monday I was so proud of myself because I had planned to go to the shed and get the garden hoses out. I have not used them in years but I decided this year I need to really water my plants to get them rooted to the point where they will self seed. I was even more proud of the fact that I went to the shed to get the hoses. I took out the recycling and the compost and made it to the shed. You have no idea what a major accomplishment that is for me. Well imagine my shock and surprise when I found that my two garden hoses were MIA.

They must have gone with the leaf blower, ever so long ago. I was not impressed. I mean really. So now I need to replace them. I have had offers of hoses from my dear friends so its not a very big deal, its just a first world annoyance. I have decided to buy one. I need a long one and I want one that is easy to hook up. Guess I will try out the curbside pick up at Canadian Tire.

In between bouts of yard work I have been putting together my Sunbonnet Sue quilt. Its nearly to the point of where I can bind it.


I have all the squares together since I took this picture. Next up will be the quilt for Birthday Twin.

 I need to get at the jobs that I mean to do for others and have not gotten around to. I have a number of jobs and projects building up and I need to get going on them . I shall get going this week for sure. The Teddy Bear pattern still alludes me, I may have to come up with another plan.

Other than that its business as usual around here. Lock down prevents a lot of variety to the day to day routine. 

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment