Monday 21 June 2021

Vaxxed to the Max or That didn't go as planned.

 I missed posting last week and I have a very good excuse. I got my second vaccination and it kicked my butt for about a week. I probably (no definitely) did not have a severe reaction but it was enough that I was not myself of the best part of the week. Kicked my wimpy butt it did.


The first day, the day I got the shot I was fine. The next day not so much. I'll give you the reader's digest condensed version, they say you can have sore arm, fatigue, stiff joins, achy muscles, chills, fever, nausea and vomiting. I missed out on vomiting but I hit all the others. I slept 19 out of the 24 hours that second day and dragged my butt for three days after that. I am back to my usual self and am over the moon happy to be fully vaccinated. 

I also had my birthday this month. Another thing I am over the moon about. Its much better to have them than not. Four of the No Cooks and I had a nice afternoon at a local park. Cake, conversation and lots of laughs, just what this old gal needed. After our Saturday in the park concluded, Teddy Bear and  KitKat had supper on my veranda. It was so nice. I had lots of love and good wishes from lots of lovely people. I could not feel more blessed.

I got my new garden hose connected up and gave it a trial run. I am happy to report that my guaranteed not to leak hose..........leaks. How did I know that would happen?. Next time I get out there I am going to try to get it not to leak. I would have tried harder when I first connected it but the leaking put me into a bit of a temper and I felt for safety sake I would try another day.  Inspite of the leaking its a wonderful handy way to water the plants.

Speaking of plants my peonies have burst forth in all of their glory




I missed taking a picture of the deep pink ones in the back yard. These beautiful babies are in the front and are all along the front of the much loved veranda.  I wish they lasted longer but I do enjoy the fleeting beauty while I have the chance. Oh look I did have a picture on my phone.Ignore the sea of weeds, and focus on the pretty pink flowers.


The weeds are on the "to do" list this week. I am ever so close to having the front done and then I can move to the back. The hostas have punched their way through the weeds to make their presence known. After a fight like that the least I can do for them is beat back the weeds. Its only fair.

I went and got my last batch of photos from the photographers this weekend. I was there about 10 minutes before they opened and so I thought I'd just sit at scroll through my phone until I could go in. Well I was just looking in my purse for the phone when the girl was at my car window with my order and the debit machine. I had not called them. It was very, very kind of her but it also occurred to me that they not only know who I am but they know the car that I drive. What does that say?? I think it says SCRAPBOOKER!!

Toodles

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment