Monday 7 June 2021

Something and Nothing

It has finally rained here. Not a terrible amount but some, which is wonderful. The heat has backed off thankfully. I don't quite understand why the weather has to go to such dramatic extremes so quickly. A nice gentle easing into the extremes would be so much better or just give the extremes a total miss. I'm good with that too.

Would have been lovely if I had actually had all my flowers planted for the rain but we all know that did not happen. Its my goal this week to get that done. I have done a bit, I have weeded a bit and then well I did not manage to keep at the schedule. HOWEVER, there is this week and with the new week comes new miracles. I will actually take pictures of said miracle as proof that I can get it done.

I did my first curbside pick up at Canadian Tire. I replaced the garden hoses that were liberated from my shed. Its another molehill I turned into a mountain but I just have to get over my dramatics and do this stuff for myself. My wonderful friends are always willing to lend a hand or a garden hose but I need to keep doing what I can for myself and not over tax the generosity of my treasured friends

So not only have I got the new hose I ACTUALLY went into the basement today  and turned on the water to the outside tap!! lets hear the choir of angels sing!!! I even took the shade for the entry way light down to the basement so its out of harms way. I out did myself this day. I actually did follow the To Do list I have written up for today. Its just miracles all around this house today.

Teddy Bear is retired!! Her last official day on Friday so the No Cooks did a drive by at her house. We dressed appropriately






 


If you put us all in the right order our face masks spell ENJOY. The tassels are a long standing joke in the group.  We are the No Cook Friday group but we are also the Fartin' Tassel Hoopers.



Each car had balloons and streamers. The Sailor added signs  and we gave Teddy Bear this cute planter for her front deck.



I really like the plant stand and was thinking I need one of those myself but alas that was the last one. We drove by, we hooted and honked, (no farting was done) we stopped for a brief minute and then it was done. Not the sort of celebration we would have liked to have had but it was beyond fun to see everyone of us together again.

The Banker and I got to sit in on a zoom gathering with Teddy Bear and some of her nearest and dearest earlier in the day. We watched Teddy Bear as she watched a video that people contributed to with good wishes and skits. It was wonderful fun, Tears  were seen all round. Happy tears of course. 




The Sunbonnet Sue quilt is all done and bound. It needs a bath and its portrait taken. I also made another table runner for a Facebook friend who reached out and offered me money. I like money.



The other thing I managed to accomplish today, possibly the most important of all was I booked my second Covid shot. I will not get the same vaccine, this go round will be Moderna. I don't care, I want to get the shot, I want to feel like we are moving closer to getting out of this lock down and getting back to something that looks remotely like normal. 

So that\s my life caught up. This week I am determined to get my flowers into the ground and get the hose attached so I can water when I wish. I will get started on Birthday Twin\s quilt and who knows what else. Could be something, could be nothing.

Toodles

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment