Monday 5 April 2021

Its Been A Year

So we have been dealing with this pandemic for more than a year now, its gotten very tiresome and believe me I am very aware that I do not have it as bad as some do coping with the rules and regulations. Its still tiresome. I think mostly l am feeling grumpy and sorry for myself today. That never helps things. 

Its also been a year since I retired. April 3rd 2020 was my last day at work. Where has the time gone?? I still love everything about being retired and have to pinch myself to know that I don't work anymore. This is the longest time since I was six years old that I have not had someone or something else dictating my time. Its a miracle to me. I love being at home and puttering about. It makes me amazingly happy.


So inspite of being happy today I am grumpy and feeling sorry for myself. Its nothing big. Today is a windy rainy day and those days always make me more stiff and sore than normal. I have a sinking feeling that I am getting arthritis in my arms and shoulders. My quilting is not helping but I love doing it so much I push through. There is so much I would like to do but the stiffness and the pain puts obstacles in my way and now and then it gets me down.With my arms acting up its not making for a happy bunny that's for sure.

I missed Easter with my family and that is not helping. Covid makes traveling hard and as much as I wanted to see them, it was the wise thing to stay home.  I have such mobility issues it impacts what I can do  when I am with them. They can all bop around as they please with no problem. They do include me , even though I am a problem and I love them for it. Sigh. Its a real pity party around here today. 

Ugg I am getting on my own nerves now. So lets change the subject, I have started a new quilt. Princess Diva found the top in a second hand store and gave it to me. I am just now getting at getting it quilted.


Not sure what I will do with it but I love it. Its very Canadiana. I also made an Easter runner, I was sent a picture by a friend on facebook and decided to try my hand at my version of the runner, I think its rather cute.


I am thinking I want to make some themed runners and table squares in the near future. I have some already but I am thinking St Patrick's day, Valentines day , Canada Day etc. It will give me something to do and I like that idea. We will see what the future brings.

Not much else to share today, I had a very nice veranda visit this weekend from my cousin and her daughter. We don't see each other much even though we live in the same town, It was nice to catch up on family news and have a chat.

Tomorrow is grocery day and I think I will treat myself to breakfast out. Today I have no idea what I will do besides quilt. There is always lots to do, its just a matter of working up the fortitude to actually do it. Yeesh.

Toodles,

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment