Tuesday 20 April 2021

Yard Birds

 Oh my, last Saturday was just the best! The weather was lovely and warm and The Banker rounded up all those that could and we met in her yard for coffee and a chat. I cannot remember the last time we got together, the No Cook gals that is, and had a good visit together. It was some time last year that is for sure. Four of us managed to be there and for two lovely hours we had a great time. We brought out own beverages and no one used the bathroom. Covid rules were observed as much as possible. It was lovely to see them together. I have seen everyone individually or at most two at a time but four of us was a rare treat. Its a good thing we did it on Saturday because Sunday turned cold, and wintery and just generally annoying.

I finished my quilt. Its all bound and waiting for a bath. That will happen at some point today.


I found a home for it as well. Teddy Bear's daughter is moving herself and the grandkids to a place of her own at the end of this month. So I am sending this quilt, another and a couple of scrap afghans off with her. Actually I told Teddy Bear I was putting them in her hands and what happened to them in the end I did not care, I just was happy they were going to get used. Next I will probably start on Birthday Twin's quilt, made from her husband's shirts. 

Hmm what else? It truly is hard to blog when you are in the midst of a pandemic, have no pets, don't go much of anywhere and am generally not a super exciting person.  I did make a new little curtain topper for the upstairs bathroom and I seriously think I was a bit drunk when I did it. What was I thinking??


My bathroom is pale pink. I would have sworn this material was a sort of pink. Ok I now realize its a dark coral. Its the wrong colour, its way too dark, about the only thing I got close to right was that size. Sometimes I amaze myself. Can I blame all of this on Covid?? No, well fine then. Scratch that idea and I will try again. 

Nothing else I can think of. So I will give this up and go change out the laundry. The Banker is coming for a visit this afternoon. She usually pops in once a week and I love her for it.

Toodles

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment