Monday 26 April 2021

This and That

 Here we are again, another week has come and gone and I'm not sure what is what. I think this pandemic is getting to me as I am finding it easier and easier to ignore the things that should be done. I have even moved on to ignoring things I want to do. For example, I still have not taken pictures of the two quilts I finished recently. Its getting closer to being done but has not actually happened yet.  By closer I mean I have placed them in a laundry basket to be carried upstairs where they get photographed. Yes I know that's a pretty big job, no wonder I need a break. 

Ok lets focus on some of the things that I did get done this week. I actually finished recovering my kitchen chairs. A moment of silence for this incredible feat, if you please. 


This was the last chair that I started on Saturday . Its not a perfect job for many reasons. Only one set of hands to hold the pieces, hands not as strong as they once were, etc, etc. The hair dryer did help the situation in getting the material stretched. I love the colour, they all match and there is no more duct tape covering up cracks in the upholstery. 

\
Please note the nice clean table top. This only happens in this house when there is no outsiders in the house or coming to the house. Its usually a total dump site when I actually have company.


Again we have to deal with my mad skillz at photography but it gives you the idea. I am happy with my chairs and thrilled beyond measure that they are finally completed. 

The joints I need to make The Hostesses teddy bear have finally, at long last made it to my front door. Now I can get at doing that one of these days. I have a couple of jobs to do for other folk and as always a long list of things I want to make for myself. 

On Saturday I got a text that simply said "Door Dash". Interesting! I immediately went to the veranda to explore and found this.


A pretty little spring themed jug stuffed with pussy willows. I love pussy willows !! Along with them were two homemade fruit tarts in a little container that said "Made with love". What a lovely surprise on a Saturday afternoon. The tarts were instantly gobbled up along with a cup of tea and the pussy willows found a place of pride in the living room.



Have I ever mentioned I have the most lovely friends?

At times it feels like all I do is sit and stare at the television and accomplish nothing. Other times I feel that I am making slow progress. I am using my dear Mother's advice and doing a little every day. She always said if you do a little every day you will see a result in time. I am seeing the result, it just should be faster but I cannot seem to make myself get at it. Not sure what the heck is up with that. 

Teddy Bear took a garbage bag full of scrap afghans out of my house on Friday. She will see if her daughter can use them, or if she, herself, would like them and if not she will take them to donation. I am just glad to have them out of my house. I have a couple of bags of textile recycle I need to take to recycle depot but I can do that on my own. Some more donations will go with The Banker next time she can stop in. See, little bits that will add up over time.

I did crochet two balls of scrap yarn into a scarf yesterday while I wan watching season 3 of Fargo. It will go in the bag with the rest of the scarves and hats I am making for the Safe and Warm Shelter. I find it amusing that no matter how many things I make from scrap yarn, I still have baskets of the stuff around the house.

We are going into four weeks of a stricter lock down as of now. They are trying to flatten the curve of this third wave of the pandemic. Sometimes I wonder if we will ever see a glimmer of normal life again. It does get a person down but we need to follow the rules. Much as we don't like to. From the amount of cars and people coming and going from a house on my street, I think they were playing outside their bubble this weekend.

Toodles

Linda

.


No comments:

Post a Comment