Monday 29 March 2021

Its Been A Good Week

 It has been a good week around here. Lots of visits from dear friends, one I have not seen for an age. Mama Bug arrived on Saturday for supper and a movie, a good chat with the odd giggle thrown in. It was so nice to see her, We caught up on each others lives and plans, we ordered in a delicious supper and watched some Netflix. It was a very nice way to spend an evening, especially since it has been an age since I have seen her. I had lots of company this week, The Banker was here and KitKat brought over some supper one evening. Teddy Bear and I shared our Friday night. The weather is getting better (I hope) and the time is coming when the No Cooks can share a coffee again. What a happy day that will be, I miss those evenings so much. So inspite of Covid and having to follow some basic rules, I have managed to have a busy social calendar lately, which makes me ridiculously happy.

Another wonderful thing happened this week. I solve the problem of this corner of my craft room.


This is how it looked after I took a round out of it and purged a ton of stuff. Once I did this I gave the solution some serious thought. Putting in enough thought I finally had a brain wave. The Banker and her Sweet Baboo have turned to Ikea for storage solutions for her Mom lately. Sweet Baboo is a carpenter and he says he could not make something for the price they can buy it. So I got to scrolling. I measured the spot and trolled the website until I found something that would do. I found it, the price as reasonable and the unit is made of metal. Win Win Win  Happy coincidence The Banker and Sweet Baboo were making a trip to Winnipeg and could try to get it for me. They braved the lineups and I got this:


It has a small cabinet at the bottom and takes advantage of the vertical space, makes that corner look so neat and tidy. I wish I could get two of them into that space but I can't so I will be content with what I have. I seriously thought about it but with the chimney and the register its not really the best idea. This works and give me storage space which is always in short supply. 

Even better than getting this new shelf was what I found when I moved the old unit. I literally did a little dance of joy. Lurking under the shelves was this little book.


This little book is where I keep track of my craft projects and I have not seen it since 2015. Hey I never claimed to be a great housekeeper. I had looked and looked for this silly little book. I even moved my sewing desk with no luck. How it ended up on that side of the room I will never know and that is ok. I am just overjoyed to have it in my hands once again. 

With all this work in the craft room I am now spurred on to sort and inventory all the baskets, boxes and tins on the shelving units in there, It needs to be done and since I did all the storage tubs I can certainly see the benefits to having a list of what is in what container. Not to mention getting rid of the things that I do not need to be hoarding.

Purging and sorting continues. I even vacuumed the other day. That is a job I need to do more often. I went to Michael's this morning and picked up some memory boxes to store and sort little things in the craft room. Its coming together. Currently its a total mess but it has to look worse before it looks better right??

Its supposed to rain today and maybe some snow coming our way. Sigh, March is always such a moody bitch. We are also supposed to get wicked winds today. Honestly, I am ready for some nice spring weather but it will come. It has to.

Toodles

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment