Wednesday 14 April 2021

Prairie Springtime

 Well we knew it was bound to happen, it usually does. The snow all melts, the weather warms and then this happens


Even though its not a total surprise it is a disheartening little event. We did not get the brunt of it but we got enough to make it look like a winter wonderland yet again. Sigh, Its heavy and wet and will be gone soon enough but it does knock the stuffing out of a person.

So there is a pot of soup simmering on the stove, the laundry is chugging away in the machine and I am currently ignoring the number of jobs that I would like to get done.


I would like to get the kitchen chairs finished recovering, two done, two more to go. I have a metal storage cabinet that I want to paint, I've had the paint for ages. I have some furniture upstairs that needs painting, There are more jobs but I just can't think of them at the moment. It amazes me how much I can want to do and how much I can ignore at the same time. I am a mystery unto myself.

I am getting one thing done, Probably the easiest thing for me to do and the one I love the most. Yes I am ignoring a lot of other things because of this:


I think this just may be my first donation quilt. I have given this a lot of thought. I will always want to quilt. I can only give away or have people ask me to make so many. Most of that market is saturated. I don't need any quilts, strangely enough I have more than I need. So I have decided to use my scrap stash and make quilts to donate to the local Women's Shelter. This one may be the first to go and I have no need of it but made it just because I wanted to play with the pattern. I nearly have it quilted. 

The Banker stopped in yesterday and we had a lovely visit. She stayed far longer than she usually does. It was really nice. This pandemic has made us appreciate interactions with other human beings more than ever.

Toodles

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment