Monday 1 March 2021

What Can I Say??

 No seriously what can I say? I could keep repeating that not much happens around here but even that is stale old news. Pandemic is still happening but the restrictions are loosening just a tad. We now are allowed two people to visit if you live alone. The Banker and KitKat came for a visit this week and it was insanely exciting. I felt naughty and excited all at the same time. It was so lovely to have TWO people to visit. We has a lovely chat and they stayed longer than normal which  made me happy. Its hard to remember that we must go slow so that the numbers do not start to spike again but as we all know its hard to describe how good it feels to interact with actual people, not just a virtual presence.

I spent the weekend in my happy place. I was messing with quilts for both Saturday and Sunday. Not much makes me happier


Saturday was spent finishing the latest quilt top or flimsy as I have heard them called. I finally got the white material in the mail so Saturday I got busy and got the last of it sewn together. Its now been added to the "to be quilted pile" That makes three flimsys in the pile. Would have been four but on Sunday I plucked the Orla Kielly variation off of the pile and sandwiched it for quilting.


Its going to be an easy quilt and I think I may put it into the red bedroom. I only made the top because I wanted to play with my new templates and I had seen the Orla Kielly material which made me think it would make a cool quilt. I had no need of a quilt and have no one else asking for one so is very much a spare. I can use it in the spare room and change out the one that I actually made for my Mom that currently lives there. 

Therfore on Sunday while the watery winter sun did its best to shine outside, I was snuggled in my house, cozy, happy, binge watching tv and quilting to my hearts content. My idea of a perfect day.

Making it even better KitKat popped over to chat for a bit. She was on the last day of her vacation and was not all that excited about heading back to work today. I totally get that feeling. Blessed, blessed,blessed that I no longer have to deal with that feeling. 

Well I have nothing more to say for myself. My quilt is calling me, so I will submit myself to its siren song. 

Toodles

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment