Wednesday 17 March 2021

Ticking Along

 The weather has gotten lovelier and lovelier each day. Out snow is nearly gone and it is starting to feel a tad like spring. I finally got the tire repaired on the car. I am no longer driving around on my spare and am back to all four regular sized tires. I am so happy. It also cost less than I was braced for. Always a wonderful thing in my life.  I celebrated by going through a drive through and getting myself a late burger lunch. Something I have not done in ages. So good to feel a bit normal for a bit.

I have a can of sray starch thanks to The Banker and her persistent kindness. Blue Cross sent me the needed forms and its safe to walk outside. All the things that overwhelmed me last week are things of the past this week. Deep breath of gratitude and moving on.

I finally took a quilt picture!!


This quilt is currently living in the spare room but it really was not made for there. In fact this poor quilt was simply made so I could play with my new templates. I really have no need for it and it had no place to go so for now its on the spare bed. Its queen sized and hopefully I will find a home for it. I have another quilt top to be used on this bed but I need to get it quilted. I think its up next on the roter.

I am getting closer to getting the covid vaccine and I think the way things look I can get it at the local drug store when I am eligible. This is exactly what I wanted to have happen. The store is much easier access as opposed to the covid shot station and my Doctor's office. More wins for me.

I sorted and purged twp baskets in my sewing room yesterday. While I managed to get almost a garbage bag of things to donate, the stupid baskets still look full. How the heck does that happen?? I want to see some results for all of my efforts, dang it.

This is a problematic corner in my craft room. Problematic in the fact that I am sure its not being used to its best advantage.


It was those top two baskets I purged. See they are still showing as full!! The little bastards. Anyway... I have this small shelf and all three levels have something on them. My scrapbook paper bins sit in front of the shelf unit. There is a lot of vertical real estate that is not being used. Problem is that heating pipe that runs up the corner, not to mention the register that is in the corner as well. If those were not there I would just have a cupboard built for extra storage. I am not sure what the solution is but I sure would love to get some better use out of that space. My never ending quest for more storage continues on. No. getting rid of some stuff is not a option, Don't talk crazy talk. 

Today I am hoping to get upstairs and wash the floors up there. Maybe give the bathroom a swish round with a cleaning rag. Who know?? miracles happen every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment