Monday 22 March 2021

Three Days in a ROW

 Well I was a total wild woman last week and I actually went out of the house three days in a row. Sweet!! I have not done that in such a long time. I went and got my Covid shot, (the first one) and I am so happy that I got to do that. I went and got my hair cut....

Before


after....



I felt like a brand new woman. The next day I was going to go get my pictures but the parking lot at the photographers was full so I went and got breakfast instead. When I got home I had my first coffee of 2021 on my veranda. BLISS, Chilly but bliss, I tell ya.

Having the tire fixed on the car and the weather being much nicer has done wonders for me. I actually feel like getting out of the house. Tomorrow I will actually go and get my photo's and I will do a grocery pick up as well. Compost and recycling will hit the dumpsters at the same time. Its all good.

Thanks again to The Banker and her Sweet Baboo, I have now got a set of steel rims for my car and they will be put on the car when I get the summer tires put on. Sweet Baboo found some at a wrecking yard and they were a reasonable price.  He even painted them for me. I will be so glad to have them changed,  maybe I will not have a flat tire every time I turn around. That is an event that looses its charm very quickly.

On the crafting front, I am one square away from having my tablecloth completed. I will get that done today. I still have not made The Hostess's teddy bear because the disk joints are coming from China ( I ordered them from Amazon as I could not find any locally) and I swear they are taking the slowest route possible! She is going to think I have forgotten but I have not.

My snow removal guy is going to come one day soon and give me an estimate on some yard clean up. I am hoping  my next door neighbour will still mow for me this year because he is very cheap but I will get the lawn care guy to do the clean up if the estimate is reasonable. I was dead pleased with his handling of the snow this year. Such a worry off my mind, I would have done a cartwheel if I could. I never could even when I was young but in my heart I am doing them all over the place..

So I for the longest  time I have been pondering the corner of my sewing room that I felt was not being used to the best advantage. It is this corner, I mentioned it in my last post.


Well I have given it a lot of thought and I have landed on the solution. I'm not sharing it just yet but I think it will be perfect. It will work around the stupid chimney which is in a stupid location and give me storage space. I will not be piling things around the chimney if this works. I am so excited to give it a try. 

This morning I actually got a pot of soup made and ready for lunches this coming week. This meal planning thing is something I really need to get a handle on.


I am watching YouTube for meal ideas and I am finding some that appeal to the lazy cook in me plus they look like they might be yummy. I am thinking I need to make the crock pot my friend. Anyone else besides me sick of listening to me talk about this meal business??

Today I will finish the table cloth, maybe start a quilting one of the quilt tops in the to do pile. I have an Easter runner and table topper to make for myself, I could get that started. I still have two chairs to be recovered and the list of quilts to make is growing. Birthday Twin sent me a box of her late husbands shirts that I told her I would turn into a quilt. 

Purging continues to need to be done and I live in the constant pursuit of being organized. That is never going to go away I fear. It gets better but I have to fight for it every step of the way. I also need to start a list of the tiny little jobs that need to be done around the house. Threshold strips to be installed, trim boards to be put back on, small pain jobs etc. There are quite a few of those about the place that I have been ignoring for some time.

The sewing room needs a tidy, it always does. I purged and organized the lower storage containers some time ago. Now I need to do the upper shelves. They have baskets and tins that hold all manner of treasures but I need to know what is where.

Nope,it never stops and I never stop going on and on about it. Eventually something gets done but its mostly a lot of talk and little action. 

Toodles,

:Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment