Monday 22 February 2021

Everyday Ordinary Miracles

 Well first of all the temperatures have shifted from the -50 Celsius mark to + 3 today. That a miracle if anything is. Thwe great change has happened in the space of a week and I, for one, am glad, glad glad! So glad I actually took the garbage out this morning and brought some things in that have been rattling around in the trunk of the car for some months now. Yes I said months, shut up, I know what I'm like. I have no illusions about myself/

I actually think the biggest miracle in my life at the moment besides the trip to the car today in sleeping. I have no idea what is happening but I am eternally grateful at the direction this is going. Let me explain. 

For my entire life sleep and I have had an uneasy relationship, I always said I had to fight to get to sleep and fight to wake up. If I got to sleep an hour after I turned off the light I felt I had really done something. In my older, more mature years, having to pee made it so I could sleep for 1 1/2 to 2 hours at a stretch before I would have to get up. Thankfully I could fall back to sleep in between but never a deep restful sleep, more little naps. HOWEVER, recently I have had a miracle occur. I am managing to get 4 to 5 to sometimes even 6 hours in a stretch. Can you hear the choir of angels singing?? I actually have dreams again. I missed them so much, I have amazing Technicolor dreams that are weird and entertaining at the same time. I have no idea what is happening but I am so glad that it is. Someone said maybe I am just now getting completely relaxed from no longer having to deal with work. I do not care what it is, just keep it coming!!

I completed my puzzle. What a lovely little rabbit hole that was. I could not make myself work on anything else until it was finished. I have a couple more in the house that I acquired some time ago but never put together. I will do them but I am not going to start them for a few days. I need to get some things done around here first before I loose myself in another puzzle.


Today I need to start to deal with the flat tire on the car. Its warmed up enough that I do not feel bad calling to have the tire changed. They will also not be swamped with calls in this weather. I need to  get this fixed because I have a grocery order due on Wednesday and I need to be able to go and get it. I do not like to have my car out of commission. 

That is about it I think, not much going on. The odd visit from friends, the odd trip out to the dumpster, I have neither been or done much. I got hog tied by a puzzle so options were really limited. 25 days since I have been anywhere. This pandemic and the cold winter weather have a lot to answer for/

Toodles

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment