Monday 4 January 2021

2021.... Here's hoping for a better year

 2020 has passed but the effects still linger on, Nothing dramatic changed with the ticking over of the clock at midnight. The pandemic still rages, we are still in lock down and the situation has not changed dramatically. The best we can hope for is that things improve, restrictions loosen, the curve flattens and we start to move toward things getting back to some sort of normal. I think we are all hoping for that to happen.

New Years was quiet around here, it always is. This has never been a big deal for me. I like to have some nice food, watch some good tv and stay up to let the new year in and let the old year out. I did all that and then I was tucked up in bed by 12:15. All in all it was a normal, pleasant evening for me. I spent a lot of time watching Star Wars movies and crocheting on the table cloth that I started for myself.


My sleep schedule is still all over the map. I either am hardly sleeping at all or I am sleeping like a teenager. This morning things are more normal than they have been for awhile. I slept most of the night and was up at a decent time this morning, I did the dishes and got a pot of soup on. That turkey broth and left over meat is getting used, which makes  me so happy. I really am trying to not waste food. Its too expensive for one thing and its a sin and a shame for another.

I finally found someone to shovel snow for me. I cannot tell you what a relief that is. I cannot do it for myself anymore and I am petrified of falling, well not of falling but not being able to get back up. I called Seniors for Seniors (cause I am one of them now) and they recommended this nice young man to me. He impressed me right from our first contact and he did a fabulous job of shoveling for me. I was tickled pink to wake up to this one morning. He had been and gone and I had not even heard him.



He even cleaned off the tops of the dumpsters for me. I now can get out and about without worrying about snow drifts. IF it snows he shows up, I don't have to call him, not to mention that his rates are good. Its a complete blessing for me to have this finally taken care of.

Poor KitKat had to put down two of her beloved cats over the holidays. It was so sad for her, she is very fond of her kitties. To have two of them go at the same time is so hard. I know a bit about this myself. Its made even harder that we could not go and give her a hug. 

However in true No Cook fashion we did what we could. We all chucked in some funds and The Banker gathered up a nice basket of goodies for her. We all jumped in out cars and did a drive by drop off at her house.



She still has Alex to keep her company although the two of them are lost without the other two. 


I think she was touched that we made the effort. Its what we do, our No Cook group are very good at supporting each other no matter what. 

So here is t hoping this pandemic thing becomes a thing of the past, that things improve, that everything gets back on track and I learn how to sleep like normal person once again.

Toodles

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment