Wednesday 27 January 2021

Just Another Day



My Tablecloth (because I have no pictures to share this time)

 Its cold and crisp and clear here again today. The temperature is in the -30's but the sun is shining. I do have to admit that knowing it is that cold outside and knowing I don't have to go out is as wonderful as I always dreamed it would be in all my working years. Retirement is awesome. My heart goes out to those who have to go out in the cold. Those who spend their days outside working and women going to work in Ladies dress pants ( those suckers are the coldest things going!!) especially. I feel so blessed to be able to snuggle into my house and stay warm.

As always not much going on around here. I did finish a book last night. Only the third I have read since the pandemic but my interest in reading is starting to pick back up again. I am working my way through the Cardinal Series by Giles Blunt. I just finished the second book. I am going to take a break and read one of my Christmas books before I start the third in the series. I watched the TV series and really liked it. So far the books are not disappointing. 

I have run out of white material so work on the current quilt has ground to a halt. I have 30 of the 48 clocks made.  I will order some material today. I also need to order some yarn for a project for my niece Miss Mouse. I am also going to get groceries tomorrow. I am really looking foreward to that as I will once again have coffee. I ran out a few days ago and I have been using tea. I love tea but it fails to give me the kick I need first thing in the morning, Coffee does that for me and I am looking foreward to having some in the house again.

Laundry is chugging away in the machine, the kitchen has been bossed back into order and I am still working on my tablecloth now and then. I have decided to spend part of my day, each day, putting things back in their proper place. One of my big downfalls is that I don't seem to put things away when I am done with them. It was the bain of my Mother's existence for all of my childhood. She did her best folks, but I failed to learn. Now at this ripe old age I am finally figuring it out.

I don't even have any pictures to share this week. Aw well, it is what it is

Take Care

Toodles,

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment