Tuesday 12 January 2021

Onward and Upward

 So except for the things that have to go to the basement and the lights on the veranda, I think I have all the Christmas stuff back in its Harry Potter rabbit hole under the stairs. I do have to say it went back into place a lot quicker than it came out.



I am sorry to see it all go away, I like all the knick knacks and Christmas themed things about the house. Naked Christmas trees look sad. 


All the stuff makes the house look cozy and festive. I guess if it was up all the time I would not appreciate it as much as I do when it does all come out. 

We are still in lock down. We will be until the end of the month. This really has been a long drawn out affair. I am so grateful for the visits I get from friends. One person at a time and we take care to not get within 6 feet of each other and I have disinfectant on hand for clean up before and after each visit. So far we have stayed safe. I know we are only supposed to have one person to visit but I could not choose. I am vigilant about the other rules and no one is ever here when someone else is. Call me a rebel but its how I choose to roll.

I tend to be a solitary person normally so being home alone is not the worst thing in the world. I do have to admit that after these many months I so enjoy having a visit from an actual live person. Texting, Facetimes and phone calls are wonderful as well.How would we manage without them??  I am so grateful for each and every one. My heart goes out to those social butterflies that love to have people around them all the time. This must just be such a struggle for them.

I think I have my sleep pattern sorted out and I have gotten back to more normal. I am grateful for that. I have also started to read a bit more lately. I almost stopped reading when I retired and Covid hit. I find this odd because I finally had lots of time to poke my nose into a book. I also should mention that I LOVE to read, always have.  However I seem to currently think that YouTube is the best thing ever and I have been watching a mess of videos. Lately I am getting back to the books and trying to limit my time with the videos. I have a series of good books to read so I am happy with this turn of events.

Its rather hard to blog these days. When your life consists of staying home and being on your own its hard to find fodder for a post. Especially if you want to make your posts even remotely interesting.  I have some mending jobs to do for other people, so I have not started any new craft projects. I have a list of them but nothing to report about at the moment.

I still struggle with this meal making thing. I have no idea what my problem is. Well part of it is I am a lazy cook and the other thing is I can be as hungry as can be but not be wanting any specific thing. Its so weird. Today I have it figured out for supper (ham and scalloped potatoes) breakfast is never an issue but lunch is a major problem today. Sigh. I need to make some bread and then that would help a little with the problem. I cannot tell you how much I annoy myself. Other people I talk to are always making interesting things and have plans for what to have for a meal and I flounder. I am a mystery unto myself. I cannot figure out how I managed to create lunch everyday when I was working. 

Well I suppose I should go and see what I can scare up for lunch. I will leave you with this picture for no other reason than I think these little guys are the cutest things and make me smile everytime I see them.



Toodles

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment