Friday 22 January 2021

Very Late or Very Early

I know, I usually post on Sunday or Monday but its Friday and I am just getting to it. Its because I am not overrun with blog material. Its like when people ask me "what are you doing?" I cringe. I am doing the same things day after day. A little housework, some crafting, some tv watching and the odd visit from a friend. Nothing earth shattering and nothing surprising and nothing out of the ordinary. I leave the house to get groceries and for the odd appointment and that is it. I am not complaining, its just that its not great for making an interesting post.

Finally all the stuff made it to the basement. The Banker stopped in and I put her to work. I could have done it but it would have taken me a month. She did it in a matter of minutes and its SO GOOD to have it put away. My house is a constant work in progress but it is getting done.

I have started to work on a new quilt. Its a scrappy one that will hope to make a bit of a dent in the stash. I'm not sure what I will do with it but I saw the pattern on Instagram and thought I would like to try it. Thanks to the wonderful tutorials on the Missouri Star Quilt Company YouTube channel I am learning more and more quick tips. I have been making quilts since I was 13 years old. I am always thrilled to find out new stuff.


I will always make quilts, I will make them until my hands fall off so I need to find a way to make use of them once they are made. My family and friends can only use so many. I have some ideas but I need to give it all some more thought. Donations? Selling? Etsy Shop? Facebook Market Place? I will figure it out and until then they can just pile up in the spare room.

I am working away on my tablecloth. Its so pretty and I am loving making it. Its something I have not done for a very long time and its nice to get back to it


I used my Indigo gift card that The Pilot gave me for Christmas and the books arrived yesterday. My heart flutters at a bunch of new books. When this pandemic hit and I retired I moved away from reading. I have only read two books in all these many months. Its just recently that I have started to want to get back into reading. I now have eight books in my "to be read stack" and I am itching to get at them.


So its quiet days filled with ordinary miracles. I am loving the fact that I am retired (in case I had not made that clear) that I can do what I wish without having to be at work. I feel so very very blessed.

So today will be quilting, crocheting and this weekend will be scrapbooking. Oh my its a hard life!!

Toodles
Linda



1 comment:

  1. I love retirement. It will be 10 years for me in April. I did do some subbing for about 18 months after I retired but it's so different when you know you can say no if you don't want to work that day. The days seem to run into one another now, I keep having to look at my watch to see what day it is!! I do know that I spend way too many hours on this laptop. So many good blogs to read! Take care.

    ReplyDelete