Tuesday 4 August 2020

Weekly Catchup

Right at this moment I am procrastinating, (Something I am rather good at). I should be out weeding in the front yard. I started to do it yesterday and as always my knees, hips and lower back are screaming at me this morning, Expressing their joy at having to actually do something, So I have taken my pain meds and I am waiting for them to kick in before I contemplated going out there and working those weeds once more.

Hey but at least I got started, after weeks of staring at the weeds and thinking I should take care of those one of these days. I got started. GO ME!!



It still looks like the remnants of a goat's banquet but at least now there are more flowers and shrubs than weeds. Just so you know, in the first picture on the left hand side, everything that is not attached to a yellow flower is a weed and needs to be removed. Now maybe you will understand why I am hiding in my sewing room, instead of being out there working at it. I will, later, once the pain meds have kicked in, My goal is to have the front yard done before the end of the week. Normal people could knock it out in a day by I require time.

Yes I could get someone to do it for me. Wonderful, generous people have offered and I am so very grateful for that. However I want to do it myself. I need to keep doing as much as I can for as long as I can so I don;t loose all my mobility, That is not going to happen. Not if I can help it,

Teddy Bear gave me some landscape timbers that I am going to get dung into the boarders of the flower/shrub beds. When that is done I have some mulch to add around the shrubs to keep the weeds down. I thing it will look very nice. I am toying with the idea of mulching around the peonies as well. I really just want my yard to look as nice as it can be with minimal amount of maintenance on my part. Its getting there.

I made another Maple leaf table runner for the Hostess to send to her daughter in New Zealand. I am rather thrilled with that idea, Some of my name doilies are scattered about the world. Another source of quiet pride on my part. Look at me, I'm international!!






I really like the look of these runners. I cannot wait for next July 1 so I can get it out and decorate the chest in the front entry way. Each year I get more and more interested in decorated for Canada Day. Its a great country to live in.

The other day I went looking in my kitchen for my cork screw. Could not find it. I had some really old wine that I decided to dumb instead of hanging onto it. Not too easy to do if you have no cork screw. As a result of my search I did find even further evidence of my hoarder tenancies. I hang my head in shame and disbelief'. Take note that what you are about to see were scattered over three kitchen drawers. 

Exhibit one: Bag Clips


One bag is not even opened!!! I use them, or I would but I can never find them. No wonder!!! I have them hidden about the house. The saddest thing of all was I had bag clips on a list I have for the next time I get to the dollar store. Arrgh!! Well now I have found them all, I have them corralled in one spot and out were I can find them when I need them,

 
This little jar was sitting empty so its a win win all around.

Exhibit 2: Can openers

Now in the spirit of being fair the black one in the picture came from my office. It was in my tickle trunk under my desk waiting for a can opening emergency. BUT really does one need to have three can openers??


actually I have four, I forgot I have yet another one in a different drawer. 

So you see what I am working against. I am a law unto myself. All I can say is I am getting better and I am thinning things out, I am making an effort to hunt around the house before I buy anything new because chances are I may already have it.

I never did find the cork screw so I did buy a new one of those. The wine has been dumped and the bottles are going to the shed in case any in my flower bed border need to be replace at some point. 

I have some quilts to work on and I am making a quilted wall hanging for myself that I saw on Pinterest. Not much going on around here. I had a lovely day yesterday. I had drop in company of all sorts, I love when that happens. I had phone call from a dear friend and got to catch up on her news. I got the weeding going and I think that may be all.

Today so far I went an picked up my groceries which art still sitting in the kitchen waiting to be put away. At some point this afternoon I am going to force myself outside. Then as a reward I will work on the wall hanging. Sad when you have to bribe yourself. 

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment