Saturday 15 August 2020

Scratching at the Surface

 In the last couple of days I have been spending a lot of my time just simply putting things away. Its a never ending job in this house. Honestly the woman that lives here is splendid at getting things out but piss poor at putting anything away!! ask her Mother she will confirm it. Woman really needs to smarten up. So for the last while that has been the order of the day. Put things away, throw out the junk, recycle what can be recycled and get it to where it should be. Make the place look like someone cares.

I was going to sew masks this afternoon but I wandered into the sewing room and was suddenly fed up with the bags of papers on the floor. So I got to shredding. One garbage bag later and I was done.  I even gave the floor a good sweeping. First time is a rather long time.

I think, at long last, I have the old documents taken care of and I am up to date. Just need to stay on top of it all now. I also filled a laundry basket with recyclable stuff. I will spare you a picture of that but trust me its full. Paper, cardboard, plastic, it all seems to pile up. 

I got those two tote boxes under the table in the craft room. I am seriously doing the drunken monkey dance of joy over this one.

Now you see them:

Now you don't:

That's because they have moved to a new home. A quiet secluded little spot where no one will kick them EVERY SINGLE TIME when they head to the computer. My toes are happy happy happy.

Its nothing short of a miracle to find actual storage space in this house. 

Storage space is not the only thing I have found in this house, I found a spot for the printer. Yes I really did, honestly

Just the right place to put it. Its such a little thing but I really need to have one. See how cute. Now I just have to get it plugged in and working. One thing at a time.

Making this space meant I had to deal with finding new homes for all of this:

Like a bloody game of dominoes this house. I was tempted to just leave it all where it was sitting but that would turn me into beginner hoarder and that is not happening.  I got to work and found spots for it all. Today(at least), my counters in the craft room look like this.

Today I declare that the surface has been scratched and I hope that I can keep the momentum going. I feel like I could work for years and never see the end of it all. I just hope I can finally learn to put things away instead of leaving them out and that I can keep plugging away at the current state of the place. My dining room will look much happier once the dumpsters get emptied this week and I can haul the new stuff out to them. Tomorrow I shall get at the sewing of the masks. A never ending string of things to do. Sigh.

Another miracle happened this week I actually cooked!! I made a chicken dish and it was rather tasty.

Found the recipe on Facebook and gave it a whirl. Super quick and easy, I will make it again. Baked some potatoes with it and felt very accomplished for once. I really need to do this more often. I have such a hard time trying to figure out supper. It keeps me stumped more than I care to admit.

I finished my wall hanging. I will get it up and in its place and then I will share a picture of it. I really am pleased with it

Well I should get back to doing something, not sure what but something.

Toodles,

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment