Tuesday 11 August 2020

And We are Off Once Again

 So we have had another outbreak of this awful virus. 64 new cases in the city in the last couple of days. Sigh. We got complacent, people got lax on what they were supposed to be doing and now we pay the price. I had planned to go to Regina to visit my sister-in-law and great niece this week but those plans have been put on hold. While I don't think I have gone anywhere to be exposed I have done No Cook with people who are out amongst the real world everyday.  I decided to err on the side of caution. I will stay the blazes home until it feels safe again. We have cancelled No Cook for the foreseeable as well. 

Yesterday I woke up in a bit of a funk. I had to drag my butt out of bed with my head already frantically building mountains out of the things I needed to do that day. I really am my own worst enemy. So I mooched around for the best part of the morning and all I managed was to get the laundry down to the main floor, the compost bin to the front yard and breakfast made. Not accomplishing a lot, but at least up and out of bed. Not laying down with the covers over my head willing the day to go by.

Then The Hostess breezed onto my veranda, bringing coffee, blueberry muffins and a happy positive attitude. She was a true breath of fresh air. My funk took flight and was replaced with a good positive mood. We had a lovely "veranda visit". Catching up on all the news that is the news and then she took a stab at my weeds. She totally ignored my protests of "no no I can do it myself" and got about half of what was left to do, out of the ground and into the compost bin. I cannot tell you how happy this made me.

I truly have the bestest friends ever. So once she breezed off again to attend to the rest of her day, I got my self up and without too much thought, I finished it!!

This makes me happier than I can possibly express. I thought this job  would take me a week and now its done. The lilacs are slowly growing back and now the snow-on-the-mountain can work its way into the patch. There is still much to do but thank goodness much has been done My lesson to be learned lately is less thinking, more doing. The thinking always gets me into trouble.

I then I finished my wall hanging. I found a picture on Pinterest that I fell in love with. I drew out a pattern and set to work. Its one of the bible verses I feel is personal, it was part of my Mom's funeral service and I think its linked to a lot of the women in my family. I have been at it for about a week or more now.




Its now ready to quilt and then bind and then hang it up. I am seriously pleased with the results. Nothing was purchased to make it, just some black embroidery thread. Its been made from scraps left over from other projects. I just love those fat little folk art sheep. 

Today I have managed to get a grocery order. I plan to make this last for some time as I think I am going for groceries far too much.  I need to start using some of the stuff I have on hand. Thankfully I have a reasonably supply of non grocery items so I should be good to go for a bit. I even have a chicken recipe I am going to cool up tonight!! Go Me.

So today is laundry, a trip to the basement because I thought I had turned on the water to the tap outside but I didn't, dealing with the dishwasher (empty and start to refill) and then some sewing. The Hostess picked up her Maple Leaf Runner yesterday so that is off my list. I am going to make another because Agnes and I are doing a Canada Day themed basket for scrapbooking weekend.

I have changed the veranda decor to a more late summer theme. I am big on seasonal decor and veranda is a good place to do this.


I have decided I need to spray paint those tins that hold the flowers in the window box. I was not going to originally but the more I look at it the more I think they need to be an off white. Its too busy this way.

I have also been once again sorting and organizing material. I had two smallish tote boxes and a basket full of scraps that I dragged out when I started the wall hanging. I am happy to say they all have been sorted, some colour sorted and now the fabric is in better spots. 


 

The top picture is some material waiting for the sort and  purge, the bottom picture is the empty totes with a bit of fabric that is going to recycle. All of my really good 100% cotton fat quarters are in one tote now. The rest of the fabric is now bagged up in colours. Something I have wanted to have done for a very long time.

My next project is to get these totes hidden under the tables in the craft room. I have high hopes I can do it. Wish me luck.

I also spend a portion of each day, or I try to, devoted to putting things back where they belong. In this house with me in charge, that it a never ending job. Its coming along but as always it is slow going. I still need to clear a spot for the new printer. Oh my that is going to be a job and a half.

Onward and upward!! Once more into the breech.

Toodles

Linda

 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment