Wednesday 26 August 2020

Wednesday Whatnots

I sort of forgot I had not done my weekly post. Sometimes I wish I could post more but I really do not have enough fodder for a day by day post. I can hardly manage a weekly one and even then I repeat myself more than I can to admit to.

So on with the repetition, I have continued to clean and purge. There is a lot of stuff in this house and rather a lot of it needs to go on to other places. It needs to be recycled, trashed and donated, This is what I have been working on since I retired. As a result this happened in my dining room


I went to move the bookcases that make up my sewing table to get the junk out from under them. It turned into a major cleaning episode. Not that that  wasn't a good thing in the end. I never found what I started out to find but the junk got thrown out and the floor got swept for the first time in ages.

The next new project is that I have found a new use for all the plastic grocery bags I have accumulated lately. Pick up grocery shopping does not let you use your own bags. I have rather a lot of plastic bags piling up at home and I do not want to throw them out. So I tried making a bag out of the bags. Basically you cut them into strips and crochet them into a reusable bag.



This takes some time and its a bit of work but I found it fun.




I have made one and am now working on a second bag. They are strong and softer than you would expect. I am very pleased with the outcome. I also love that I have found a use for all those bags that were headed for the landfill. I have donated and given away all that I can, this was a relief..

I finished my wall hanging, I just have to get it hung up. I have the spot picked out, I just have to move furniture to hang it and that takes some working up to



It one of my favourite bible verses. I found the picture on Pinterest and did my best. 

I had a relapse the other day. I sent an order to Michaels for a metal crochet hook to make my bag of bags and I bought a punch



Just when I thought I got over my addiction to purchasing punches I fall off the wagon. Sigh. I am already plotting scrapbooking pages with this pretty little flower punch.


I started to quilt this years Safe and Warm Raffle quilt. I am not sure how we are going to do the fund raising this year. Covid is going to make ticket sales problematic but I have faith we can do it. So putting all my faith in the fact that things will work out I got on with the quilting



I also got my hair cut for the first time since pandemic lock down. I had just had a cut at the last minute before everything shut down. For that I am grateful. It needed cutting for sure. I have to say it was weird getting a cut done while wearing a mask.


Happy result.

No Cook has suspended our regular Friday get togethers for the future. Teddy Bear and I still have supper together but its not the same as with the whole gang of us. A resent Covid flare  up in town set us all back in the fight against the virus.

Today I woke up cranky and could not settle to doing anything. Probably because I had not made a list. I function better with a list. I made another mask to day. It was a very simple pattern but it gave me grief to the point of wanting to pitch the machine across the room. Finally got it sewn up and then I did this to my mask elastic.


Its bad enough when this happens to yarn but elastic is a nightmare. So me and my cranky mood forced myself to do battle with the rats nest and I won at last.


Now I really should get the last of the laundry finished, I need to move the compost dumpster, take the textiles to the recycle depot and get back at quilting the raffle quilt. So that's it for now.

Toodles

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment