Sunday 24 May 2020

Little Acorns

At long last I have stopped talking and started actually doing..............the yard work that is. To harp on a tired old subject I cannot do all the things I used to do, little as that was. To give you the condensed version, it hurts, plain and simple as that.  It hurts before, it hurts worse during and worse again after. The downside is if I don't push on I will loose what little I have left, not to mention the fact that I really want to do this stuff for myself. I want to be independent and I am not good at asking for help. I do it but I do not want to become one of those people that makes others cringe when she shows up, wondering "what is she going to ask for now?"

That being said,  I did have to ask for help in getting my flowers. The Banker (bless her golden heart) went out this week and burned through my list in record time.


In no time at all my veranda was loaded with the necessities and I had the wherewithal to get the yard looking nice. Just have to get the stuff from the veranda into beds in the yard.

I finally got myself together yesterday and made a little start. I planted up four plant pots and Mom's old washtub




I got mostly red and white petunias this time around Feeling rather Canada proud this year. Mom always planted petunias in her wash tub and I do it now in her memory.

I then had a little rest and managed to tackle the peony bed. It needed a good weeding and I managed to give it a half hearted going over



I need to find the clippers and cut down the old brown stalks. A good sweep of the path and that will be as good as I can get it. I will then work my way around the yard. I had hoped to plant marigolds today but its raining. Oh well, I am rather stiff and sore from yesterday. I know I have to keep at it. I know its not much and its not the best job but I am pleased and proud of it.

My neighbour mowed my lawn which makes things look good. He has also said he will unplug my downspouts for me which is one more job ticked off the list.

Right now I am going to get a coffee and go sit on the veranda and listen to the rain for a bit. Then I will come back to the sewing room and work on quilts for the remainder of the day. My idea of a good plan.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment