Tuesday 12 May 2020

April Showers Bring ............Snow???????

Ok Mother Nature is apparently having a moment, a snit if you will. The woman needs to get back on her Meds and stop with the shenanigans, On May 9th we woke up to this nonsense.




Now granted by mid afternoon it was all gone and things were green once more but it certainly spoiled the day. It was rude to say the least. I know we did not get as much as other parts of the country but really it was pretty nervy if you ask me. My furnace is still running on a regular basis. I can;t even talk about it.

Lets move on to more positive things. Before that snow hit, I got the veranda cleaned off and it looks a hundred times better. It feels so good to get the winter dirt washed away.


The tiles on the table look white once more not a dirty gray. The leaves have all be swept away, Every time I do this I am reminded that someone has my leaf blower that I only got to use once. The nerve.


All the furniture, bird houses and plant pots got a bath and are now shiny clean. It will look decent for my next veranda visit with a friend. It is a job that I am very happy to have done and over.

I also got my room cleaned at last. I have put it off for so very long that its embarrassing, How do you know you need to dust??



Yeah I have no excuse. The up side is its all clean now, I just have to get the floor washed. Then its done and will be added the the maintenance rotation list. My goal is to never let the house get as bad as it did, ever again.


I finally broke down and made myself a mask. I think its something we cannot avoid wearing at some point. I have to have one to go to my podiatrist appointment so I caved. Teddy Bear asked me to make her a couple when she saw the ones I made for myself, so I did that as well. They are not hard at all and I do have all the supplies on hand



I have even started to do some baking. I made a cookie cake the other day. SUPER super quick and simple. Its tasty and that is what I was going for..



Its made with a cake mix which is why its called a cookie cake but its more cookie than cake like. My next thing will be to tackle some bread. I am out of bread and its not just that easy to run and get some. Once again I have all the stuff on hand, just have to get myself to do it.

Things are starting to open up. Fabricland is open again but its still limiting how many people can be in the store at one time but its a start. I am hoping they do not go too fast on one hand and on the other I just want to be able to go out and go to the store without thinking you are doing  something wrong or waiting in a big long lineup.

I am going to do the next row on my "row by row" quilt today. Then I may start a crib quilt to keep on hand as a gift or donation item. I have to wait for a couple of fabric orders before I can work on and complete the three other quilts I have started. Orders have been placed and am just waiting for them to arrive. Thank goodness for on line shopping.

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment