Sunday 5 April 2020

Happy Retirement to ME

Friday was my last day of work. I have been employed my entire adult life and now I am retired. It is a consept that I cannot wrap my head around just yet but I am totally confident that I will rise to the challenge.


My lovely wonderful crazy friends banged on my door on Friday night with whistles, bells, noise makers and signs


Ths signs say Happy Retirement Linda, and on the back its says celebration to be had at a later date. I got through the entire day at work without a tear, I welled up a few times but no actual crying but THESE buggers made me cry!! Oh my I do know the most wonderful people. I never expected a thing due to these crazy times we live in.

It was a lovely day on Friday. I had so many nice things said to me and about me, I got treats, balloons, gorgeous flowers from the Bug family. They always spoil me



I had my total surprise visit from the No Cooks and their signs, I got to have Chinese food which would have been the meal if we were still able to go out. They tell me there will be a party at work when the social distancing is lifted. So inspite of not being able to get and give hugs on Friday it was a wonderful day.

I have been waiting for this day since the second day of grade one. Being at home makes me happy and I can say with confidence, it was time for me to be done. When I got up on Friday I shut the alarm clock right off, gave it a loving pat, and said, " you have done a good job over the years but now SHUT UP". Its a joy to me to know that I never have to hear that thing go off again unless I want it to.

I have already decided that I am not going to just do nothing and laze around all day. I have already made lists and plans for what needs to be done each day. I need to have a routine and while I will be doing more crafting than usual, I am also going to dedicate myself to housework, to being engaged with the outside world and keeping my mind and body as active as I can. I have a whole lot of housework that is waiting to be done. I have lots of material scraps, yarn leftovers and crochet cotton that is begging to be made into something

Tomorrow morning I will do laundry, give the living room a good clean and then pick something from the "When I'm Retired do this" list. Actually the first thing is going to have to be to find a home for all the things that used to live in my office. Stuff that had to come home. This could be a big adventure. I have been hauling stuff home for some time now. What?? You didn't think I would treat my office any different than I do my house? It was full of mini quilts, baskets and pig ornaments, with the odd bit of pottery. Yes I am me wherever I am.

Today I am going to work on the Orla Kiely quilt. I may start to make an easter table square and an easter runner for the buffet. I have meant to make them all year and here it is Easter time again.

I have discovered I have almost run out of white thread and in general my sewing thread stash is getting low. I will have to give some thought to this as the fabric stores are closed. Busy had a great idea that I should put it on the local swap and shop and see if anyone has spare that they want to get rid of. I can always order on line if I need to. Where there is a will there is a way

See this is why I say I have wonderful friends, this package arrived on my veranda . A gift from one lovely caring friend




Well I am to sew. I guess I am in I-Sew-Lation at the time. Stay safe and stay home!!

Toodles 
Linda







No comments:

Post a Comment