Sunday 19 April 2020

Like a Comfy Old Slipper

Its how I feel about this being retired lifestyle I have found myself living. I have slipped into it like a comfy old pair of slippers. I cannot express how much I enjoy being at home. Its been wonderful so far, inspite of the social distancing covid19 pandemic we are living with.

I have been hurling myself whole heartedly into cleaning my house. Not a down and dirty spring clean but definitely a good freshening up. I am currently in the craft room making a real effort to find the counter tops and the sewing table once again. Just putting things back where they belong makes a big difference. (Hear that noise, that's my Mom shouting "I told you so" from heaven)

I do have one before and after picture for you


And an after


The rest you have to trust me. It was a mess, piled high with just stuff, stuff everywhere but now its starting to look not too bad





This makes me so happy. Not only is my house getting tidy, I feel like doing it. I have the time to work at it and it does not have to all be done on a Saturday. If I get tired I can stop, go back to it as I wish, there is no pressure. I do think its good to have a routine, goals and things to do. I could quite happily sit and craft non stop but that is not the best idea.

The Banker stopped over for a veranda visit the first nice day we had. We were  careful to keep the proper distance apart. It was so nice to see her and have a chance to really have a visit. She was in BC for 53 days and then when they got home they had to self quarantine for two weeks. Its just this week she can be out to do her own getting of essentials.  We sat and chatted for the entire afternoon.


Another thing that is happening is I have been reminding myself I do know how to cook. Since I can't be out with friends eating and I had already decided that going to a drive thru myself was not going to be the same habit  it always was when I was working, I have gone back to the stove and am actually making meals



And then there was Saturday night. I was so hungry and nothing I could think of appealed to me for supper so I did this. You win some, you loose some.


My big struggle in this whole social isolating thing is CHOCOLATE. It drives me mad. If I have it in the house I cannot stay out of it and if its not in the house I am obsessed with it. Why I do not know because I do not have it in the house all the time normally. Once in a while but its not a staple. Snacking has taken on a whole new life in this strange time. Its a fight I will continue to wage as running to the store for a treat is not easy at all these days.

I have been crafting as well. I did not have enough heat and bond in the house to make bunny appliques for an Easter runner so I had to change gears. I found a nice tulip pattern through the Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorials and this weekend I gave it a go. I had some scraps from Sweet Peas quilt and I went to work



The top got sewn together yesterday and I got it quilted today. I will get it bound tomorrow and then I can figure out a table square to match.

I have been watching lots of Netflix, taped tv and YouTube. I got an iPad from my work as my parting gift. I am in love with it. It makes it so much easier to watch stuff than watching things on my phone. I ordered a case for it and cannot wait for it to get here. Then I can prop it up and be hands free. I have wanted one for a long time and now its mine. Happy Dance of Joy!!

Well I think that is all for now. I may even start to blog more often that once a week now that my life has moved into a new chapter. Who knows, stranger things have happened.

Stay safe!!

Toddles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment