Monday 30 March 2020

Strange Times and Silver Linings

I had a entire blog post written last night, nearly finished and the screen flashed and poof it was gone, the whole pea picken thing, I was furious. So much so that I refused to redo it, I went to bed instead. Well it did not magically reappear so I guess I had best get over myself.

So I am not sure what I had written but it was lovely, I can tell you that. I will try and recreate it but its going to pale in comparisson

Video chatted with the family over the weekend. The Pilot set it up and it was awesome,. the Pilot, the Teacher, the Wee Girl and Sweet Pea, The Carpenter and Busy, Miss Mouse and Tater Tot along with me had a visit. It was so good to see everyone and catch up. Technology can be fantastic at times. I was tickled to be included.

My friends have been looking after me during these strange days. I have had small parcels and necesseties delivered to my veranda off and on, KitKat and I have had coffee together with her on one end of the veranda and me on the other. lots of texts and phone calls.  I am blessed blessed blessed with family that loves me and friends that are worth their weight in gold. Makes my life super easy.

I have been keeping busy but then I usually manage to keep myself entertained  on any given day. I fixed a table runner for a coworker, she could not figure out the binding. She gave it to me and it looked like this


I gave it back to her and it looked like this, I am glad I can use my years of quilting practice to help out someone else.


I got the bee put on the baby blanket that I made for a coworker although I have no idea when I will get it delivered



I think its cute.

The really big news around here is the roof is shingled. My neighbour took charge of the arrangements and it happened so fast I hardly knew what was going on but I am so pleased its done and paid for.





So so happy this is done. So happy my neighbour found someone willing to do the roof. Its a steep roof and a very cramped space, not the first choice of any roofer.

I had my first coffee on the veranda this weekend. It was cool but pleasant and I do love to sit out there in the morning and sip on a cup of coffee


I took in the pointsettias and put out the tulips and daisies. I am embracing this spring is coming thing with my whole heart


I have been knitting and I started a new quilt. I am playing with my new template. I am going to make Miss Mouse a quilt but I am doing a practice one first, So I am taking my inspiration from this
Orla Kiely print.



I am going to do something along that line and I got a good start on it yesterday



Nothing is pressed yet but I have a good start.

I have been knitting and poking away at the house work. The Banker and her Sweet Baboo are home at last and self isolating for 14 days but at least she is home again.

Thats it, trust me its not nearly as good as the first psot was but thats how things roll. Take care and stay safe.

Toodles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment