Sunday 12 April 2020

Captive Log Day Unknown

So this social distancing, staying home, only go out for essentials because of Covid19 still holds us in its icy grip. I have not found it terrible but I do resent the fact that I could not be with my family at this time. Ususally the Easter weekend means family, being together, good food and lots of good times. Well that was not meant to be. So I am a tad bitter but I know this will not be forever, we will get together again. The Pilot, the Teacher, Wee Girl and Sweet Pea face timed me this morning which was so nice. The girls all dresse up in their new Easter frocks. So pretty. I got pictures of Tater Tot and  his lovely coloured Easter eggs. Its the next best thing to being with them. Texts and messages have been flying around, its all good.

So I am one week into this retirement gig and its going well. I have been cleaning the house and crafting, making myself be on a sort of routine, not just lounging around and doing nothing. The best of all was I took a round out of my arch nemesis, the kitchen. It has been a long time since it was this clean









The counters and surfaces are all disinfected and all that is left is to wash the floor. It so clean I am reluctant to cook because it will mess the place up again.

I have cleaned the living room, the dining room and the downstairs bathroom. It feels so good to have it done and back to once again being clean. I do not mind my house being cluttered but I do not like it not to be clean. Clean is where we are headed once again. Yahoo. Next week I am goind to start in on the  upstairs. One room a day until its done and then its just maintenance.

Finally the ice has melted on my back sidewalk so once again I can walk out there without fearing for my life. The extra plus is that I can once again take out the garbage and recycle without having to drive it around the block. 

Yesterday I went out to pick up a few things and when I got home, I retreived my spade from the neighbours yard. They liberated two shovels and a leaf rake from me over the course of time that they lived there. A snow shovel and a spade. The snow shovel has never been seen again but the spade made its way home. The leaf rake was never seen again as well. They always managed to break every rake they had so I imaging mine met a violent end. The spade is little worse for wear but still useable.


I have been making squares for an afghan with my left over yarn. Its a change from the scarves and toques. Its coming along nicely. I figure 80 squares should do just fine. It will be a donation as well I also plan to start making scrap quilts for the women's shelter/ Safe and Warm shelter as well. I have lots of material and now lots of time.



The one and only Easter decoration I put out this year. I still plan to make a table square and runner that are Easter themed. I was going to do that all last year but I think,if I have enough Heat and bond on hand, I will get it done shortly. I have a pattern in mind and I know I have the material.


I have been sewing on this new quilt top. I have gone as far as I can because I ran out of black broadcloth. Rats!! I thought I had plenty but not so. SO I placed an order on line for some. I ordered some broadcloth and some black flannelette.I need that for a quilt I am fixing for the Nurse.

I am getting to be a dab hand at this on line ordering. I ordered material, I have ordered clothes, I ordered thread. Its quite fun. Since so many stores are closed or have reduced the amount of people that can be inside at one time, this is a good alternative for me. I have ordered groceries on line for some time now. I miss actual shopping but this works for me. I cannot stand in a line waiting to get into a store so I have to adjust myself to the changing times. My dear friends still bring me the odd thing but I hate to ask them to do that. In ordinary times it a different matter but now it has health risks to it so I try not to do that. They are good to me and I value them more than I can say. I only ask when I know they are going to the store for things for themselves.

I cannot think of anything else to share. Its always been a bit of a quiet life around here and now it its even more so. So I think a nap is in order and then I will get to cooking the Easter ham.

Toodles
Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment