Sunday 22 December 2019

Three More Sleeps

Its nearly Christmas!! Things are shaping up around here, stuff is getting done. I am so excited. I was rather pleased with myself yesterday. I had a list, I had four places to go and pick up stuff. Sometimes all I can do is get groceries and then I have to head home. Yesterday was an exception. I managed to get to all the places I needed to get to, got all the things I needed to get.=, my legs were screaming when I got finished but I did it!! I have always been rather independent and its nice to know that I still can manage to get stuff done for myself. I do not want to wear out my welcome with my friends. They have to do enough for me as it is.

So once I was home and got rested up I began to get the last of the Christmas decorating done. My motto seems to be "one is good, two is better and a million is perfect" Its something I need to work on. However, the Christmas do-dads were in situ long before I started to try and change my attitude. For example:


This is my Santa figurine collection. Fills the milk glass cabinet perfectly. I have to stop buying them. I think I have enough for a lifetime.

Then the Santa parade got onto the stairs.


For the first time in a few years, I put up the big tree. I am 110% sure that it is not going back into the box it came in. Good thing getting a tree bag was on my list yesterday.



I had forgotten how many tree ornaments I had plus the tree is smaller this year than in the past. Its almost more ornaments than tree. I could just sit an look at it all day long. Its the perfect size. It fits the corner perfectly and I can decorate it with no trouble. Its lovely to see all the do-dads again, to watch the ballerinas spin and the Angel topper brings back warm memories of Christmas's past. That topper was the one my Mom and Dad bought to put on their tree when they were first married. I cannot imagine my tree without her.


I have the kitchen left to decorate and I am all ready for the big day. Granted I only got it all out in time to start putting it all away again but I do not care. It makes me happy.

I have had this Santa for so long I do not remember not having him. My oldest cousin on my Mom's side gave him to me many years ago. I love him. I replaced his body once because the material dried out and when I picked him up, my fingers went straight through him. Panic!! But he got a new body and a new lease of life

                                                     
Oh I got these when I was out yesterday, I just need to figure out where to put them. I know, I'm hopeless.


I got my Secret Santa present done and delivered. The recipient was pleased with it which is good. I made another snowman table runner. Its always fun when you get the top sewn up and you see this.


This is what it is supposed to look like:


So annoying, much cursing but that is what stitch rippers were made for. It got fixed and then it ended up looking like this


I have made a number of these over the last couple of years. I think they are rather cute.

Today I should  go pick up prescriptions, the last few groceries and I want to go to the material store and get a Christmas panel or two. I cannot seem to work up the energy to get out the door. My legs are not over our adventures yesterday and the thought of going again is not filling my heart with glee.

I have the kitchen to clean, a mountain of laundry and then decorate the kitchen for Christmas. I guess I can get groceries on Tuesday afternoon. The Christmas panels will happen when I can manage them and the prescriptions I can pick up after work tomorrow. So I have all day to get the kitchen whipped into shape and laundry finished. So I will do as I did yesterday. Do a bit, rest a bit, do a bit, lather, rinse, repeat until its done.

White Christmas is on tv this evening so I will be parked in front of the tv for that for sure. Its a long time favourite!!

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment