Wednesday 11 December 2019

Christmas Prep and the Pre Christmas Annual Chest Infection

Thanks to Facebook Memories I have come to realize that I tend to get some some sort of infection/cold/flu that puts me under the weather at this time of year. Just 5 years ago I was just starting my go around with a chest infection and Cellulitis. Good Times!!

This year the illness of choice has been called the 100 day cough, or so I have heard. Its a dry little number that is designed to be totally pointless except to make you ribs feel like they have been beaten with a baseball bat,your head pound and the small of your back very sore. It is thankfully on the way out but I have been knocked off my feet and am totally lacking in energy. Coughing is serious work.

I did make a faint start at the decorating at home before I had to give up again. I thought I was getting better and got all giddy with excitement and then the cough  came back with a vengeance.


These are upstairs. Downstairs I got the Family tree up and then I gave up and planted myself on the couch. The Family tree lives in the entry way and holds all the decorations that I have made for the family for the last twenty years. I have retired and passed the torch onto the Teacher.  I have put out the Nativity (its Willow Tree and I love it)  after I started to feel a bit better this week. I have a long way to go but its starting to look a little like Christmas

Thankfully I hauled the do-dads to the office and got it looking festive before I went belly up



My cubical neighbour shares her little Christmas tree made from coat hangers and tinsel with me and I think its cute as a button

I have the highest hopes that this weekend the decorating will be done, The bit of baking that I do will be done and everything will be ready to send to the family as I am not able to get there myself this year. The Banker and her Sweet Baboo will deliver parcels and baked goods on my behalf as they speed off to his family for the holidays. They pass right through so they have generously offered to act as Santa for me.

I have a few stocking stuffers to get and one gift and I am done. I wrapped the gifts that I have tonight and tomorrow I plan to mix cookie dough and decorate the front of the house. Saturday will finish the shopping and cookie baking will take place. Once that is done I can finish up the house and  sit and adore my decorations.

I may have company Christmas eve. The Nurse and the Little Entertainer may come over for snacks and movies. Her spouse has to work so they will be on their own. I am looking forward to having them.  I hope our plans work out. The Nurse always likes to stop in and see the Santa Parade on my stairs if she can. (I am always amazed at how many people mention that they like the Santa's )

That is all I have to share at the moment. I have lots more but ....... Christmas Secrets. My house is currently at that point where everything is pulled out, very little is put up and you wonder what the hell you have been thinking doing all this. I will dig my heels in and slowly but surely it will come together, the tubs will go back under the stairs and I will once again gaze upon the million bits and bobs I have collected over the years. Beloved each and everyone!!

So next post I should be able to show off the finished product.

Toodles
Linda





No comments:

Post a Comment