Wednesday 25 December 2019

A Perfect Christmas Except

Perfect except I was not with my family. Being with them would have made it perfect but it came in at a close second. Thanks to the magic that is a cell phone I got to see them. Those gadgets are wonderful for a lot of things.

Christmas eve started with getting out of work at 1:00 pm, having lunch out with Teddy Bear. Then a quick dash to the store to get appetizers for supper. I got home and have stayed put ever since. Appetizers are traditional supper for Christmas eve in my family and has been for some years. I like tradition so appies it is!!

I did have a bit of a crisis as my phone had run out of power, happened this morning in fact. Busy had sent a text with some pictures to let me know the mayhem had begun and it died in my hands. The crisis was that I have no idea where my phone cord is. Its has gone walk about and I do not know where it is. Panic, panic, panic but Teddy Bear came to the rescue. She arrived armed with coffee and a spare cord. IOn no time at all I am fueled up, charged up and connected to the world once more/

I found the fireplace video on YouTube and so it was a cozy morning. I had presents to open and be spoiled by. I had coffee and a chat with a dear friend, many texts from family and friends and then a reasonably good breakfast. I slightly over cooked the bacon and hash browns, and I slightly under cooked the eggs but it was tasty none the less. I managed to snarf it down no problem.

I have watched all my favourite old movies over the last week. Last night was A Holiday Affair and Scrooge. All watched by the light of the just the Christmas tree. I watched the older version of Little Women today, the one with Katherine Hepburn. I watched the Queen's speech and have been YouTubing things today. I took a nap and had tea and dainties for lunch mid afternoon. I did not eat the whole box but I put a dent in it for sure.



I am alone today by choice, not because no one loves me. I have had lots of invites and I have a standing invitation to join Teddy Bear any time I want. I am ok with being on my own. I would most like to be with my family but it just did not work out this year. Next year they will have to put up with me. I could not get time off to travel and I had a rather hefty car repair bill just last week. All takes a bite out of ones plans.



I have not gone shy though. I have my house so decorated it looks like a Christmas store. I love every inch of it. The Ballerina's are spinning on the tree, the tree itself is sparkling. The Dickens village is glowing and Mom's Ceramic tree is holding court front and center.


The Piggy tree is in the dining room. The gingerbread tree is in the kitchen. The little Santa tree is on the landing upstairs.


The family tree is in the entry with two new golden stags to keep it company.


The Teacher has taken over the making of the family Christmas ornament and what a splendid job she did!! Its so cute and such delicate work. I love it!!



Buy all accounts the little ones liked their gifts. The Wee girl got Barbie furniture and clothes made by me









This sweater was knit from patterns my Mom used in 1964 to knit my first Barbie clothes. I will make her more but I ran out of time


Sweet pea got a baby doll, two outfits and three baby blankets.







Tater Tot got a Buzz Lightyear hover shot, which from the video he was very happy to receive and I was deemed very smart to know it was just what he wanted. I would make him something but little boys are harder than little girls. I had such fun making these things for the little girls.

So I have rounded off the day with a good meal. I roasted up a turkey and had a rather good meal of turkey,potatoes, peas, and apple salad. Apple salad is an old family thing. I love it. I am waiting for a bit before I finish off the meal with some ice cream.

People that love me, gifts, good food, roof over my head and lots of Christmas decorations to put me in the mood. It been a good day. I hope that whatever you are doing, whatever way you choose to celebrate or not, that you are happy and that 202o brings good things your way!!

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment