Sunday 27 October 2019

Sunday Round Up

Another week under my belt. I am not trying to wish my life away but I do have to admit that I am counting down the days and weeks to retirement. I am so looking foreward to being at home and not having to deal with all the stress and crap at work. Everyday there seems to be something new and I am just tired of it. Ok so lets not dwell on the crappy stuff lets move onto the good things.

 I FINALLY found the selection on the Superstore web site that allows you to let them know that you are bringing your own grocery bags for your order. I gave it a shot on Saturday. It worked like a charm. They bring out your groceries, bag them at the car and off you go. No more mountains of plastic bags!! Honestly so many times there would be one item per plastic bag, I have tons of them here and I have donated bag fulls to secondhand stores and given some to KitKat for the kitty litter. From now on I will be using my own bags and doing my bit to save the landfills.

Speaking of my own bags, I made myself an "everyday use" one this weekend. I was using a store bag but its seen better days, so I shopped the house and made myself a new bag


All the materials were given to me at some point or another. I am happy to have them put to use. I haul a bag with me every day to and from work. I never have ever learned how to travel light. I expect I will be trying to take stuff with me even when I am dead.

Its been a cold, cloudy, dull weekend. even today the snow has started to softly fall. I do wish it would hold off until after Halloween. It makes it so cold for the little ones to be out and about.

I have started to decorated for Halloween. I hauled the box down from upstairs and put a few things out. I have to get rid of some things and get some others. I will take a few bits and bobs to work to dress up the cubicle. I will hang the skeletons on the veranda and get the big black cat out of the shed at some point. The big light up pumpkin needs to come out of the basement at some point but I can assure you that it will not be today. My legs are too sore.

Our scrapbooking weekend is coming up rapidly. So I did some work on the silent auction things this weekend. The Banker donated some Grinch themed items


We usually do one basket together but I had this little green basket hanging around and I thought her things deserved to stand on their own. One little basket and some fancy ribbon and this is her basket of grinchy goodness.

I have started my basket. Its more winter/snowman/Christmas themed. I have a couple more things I want to add to it but you get the idea. I made the runner earlier in the month and the pillow was given life yesterday.


I found the pattern on Pinterest and I had left over material from cushions I made last year. I have a nice Christmas jar to add, then some candy and a couple of candles and its done. KitKat has a sign to go in as well. Now all except for packing up my scrapbooking supplies I am rather ready for the big weekend. I am really looking forward to it. Its always such good fun.

While I was at the sewing machine yesterday I did this last weeks block for my Facebook quilt project.



This has been so much fun. I was wondering what I would do when its finished. I have given this some serious thought and the answer is right under my nose. What's that you say? Well I have an applique quilt that I have the pattern and all the material but have never started. I think in January I will start to do it as a block of the month project, should be fun and it will finally get the thing done. It cost a fair bit of money and I have not touched it in years. Well I have never touched it to be honest.

The raffle quilt is in the dryer. I still have not taken a picture of it but I will. It needs to go to the office tomorrow and the ticket sales will start in earnest. I cut up and stapled together the last of the tickets yesterday. I love my paper cutter!!

Once I am off this machine, I am going to start working on Christmas gifts for The Wee Girl and Sweet Pea. I need to get them done. So I suppose I should get off here and get the crafting underway.

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment