Sunday 20 October 2019

I Finally Quit Talking About It

I tend to talk about something for a good long time before I actually kick my arse into gear and do it, whatever it is that I have been going on about ad nauseum. My Dad used to do that too and it drove my Mom up the wall. One of these such subjects has been a trip to :


This is our west end location and its still a normal sized store. It has not been turned into one of those giant supersized locations when just about everyone needs a golf cart to get around. For the longest time I have toyed with the idea of taking a trip here to see how far I could get before my back and legs gave me up to the pain monsters. I FINALLY did it.


I got down the fresh veg/fruit aisle and up the deli aisle before I had to call it quits. Not a terribly long way for most but a major triumph for me. I have really missed shopping for my own food. I would have gotten farther but I lingered over the brussel sprouts and grapes. YES I bought grapes, I am a child and I wanted to celebrate my victory, So I choose carb laden red grapes and they were WONDERFUL!!  I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this outing and now that I know I can do it, I will be going again and again. If I can pick up my own meat and fresh produce I can still you Superstore  PC Express for the other stuff if needs must. I was so happy that I finally got doing it instead of going on and on about how I should try it.

The other thing I did while at the store was I did not use as many plastic bags as normal. I did not put things like celery and cauliflower in a plastic bag. I wash it when I get home anyway so no need for the bag. I will be taking my mesh veg bags with me the next time so I have something for the carrots, brussel sprouts and apples. I am making a real effort to reduce the amount of plastic single use items that I use. Every little bit makes a difference.

Enough about food I have other things to be happy about and I am so happy!! The Safe and Warm quilt is finished. I finished sewing the binding this morning. I have to wash it and then take a picture of it. I will post it when I have done that but for now here is a little peek at the quilting


All those little x's and the big O's has me calling this quilt Big Hugs and Kisses. The pattern did not have a name attached to it when I found it on Pinterest. I have worked hard on this for this this last week and my hands are paying the price. I knew I was overdoing but I wanted it done............ well it had to be done by November 1st . Its completed now and I can take a break and move onto other things. I have some Christmas projects on the go that I need to get working on.

Nessy and I finally made it to the bottom of the Thanksgiving stew/soup. It was good and long lasting. I tell you this little soup ladle makes me so happy. I cannot help but smile when I get her out and use her


She will be getting more of a work out in the coming days as we move into the soup and stew sort of weather. I do love fall and I love it more these days as the snow is gone again and we are more back to normal weather once again


Its not been all sunshine and roses. There was a fly in the ointment. Saturday when I was to meet The Hostess and Teddy Bear for an afternoon coffee, I discovered my front tire was as flat as flat could be. Thank goodness for modern technology. I texted both to see who wanted to give me a ride and I left the tire to be dealt with today. Any other time I would have had a melt down. The Hostess picked me up and Teddy Bear took charge of me after out lovely coffee was done. We did her errands and then she and I went out to supper. It was a lovely day which could have been so easily ruined by a screw in the tire.

Today CAA came and fixed it all before I knew what was happening and I am mobile once again. One phone call and my troubles are taken care of. I love it. I would have had more of a melt down if I had gone out Monday morning and made the discovery. That did not happen, it was found, dealt with and is behind me once again. I have had more than my fair share of flats in this last year. I am ready to move on.

I have more to tell but its going to have to wait for another day. Right now I need to have a little nap and then get into the kitchen to organize something for supper with left overs for lunch for the coming week. 

Toodles
Linda





1 comment:

  1. Good for you for your trip to Sobeys. I go there occasionally if they have something on special. Otherwise I find them pretty expensive. Usually do most of my shopping at Superstore. Hate the place but can't beat the prices! It's definitely soup/stew weather now.

    ReplyDelete