Sunday 29 September 2019

I Caved

I was trying to hang in there until October 1 but Saturday morning I could not take it anymore. I folded like a house of cards and gave in. I turned the furnace on. This cold damp weather is too much for my old bones. I got out of bed and I was reminded of growing up in the railroad housing that my Dad got with his job. Ice cold everything so on went the heat. I don't have it cranked up but its on enough to take the chill off.

We have had rain, rain and more rain but at least its not snow, not yet anyway. Thank goodness for that. Staying on the weather theme in a way I have finally got the air conditioner out of the dining room window. The Banker and her Sweet Baboo came, removed it and got the window to shut. I am doing a total happy dance



It was in the window when I bought the house. It was old then, one of those super heavy wood panel things. It gave me ten fits to the square inch to turn it on. You could see sparks at the plug in. But now its gone and I can get a portable one for next year. I am amazed at how much more light there is in that room. The thing did not take up that much space I thought. They came, took it out, took it to the dump and except for the fact that the thing is no longer in the window, you would not know they were here. Once again my friends are too good to me.

I got an order for a single bed quilt for a friends father. She picked a simple pattern and I got the top sewn up in no time at all. Today I started to quilt it.



Its a brighter green and a brighter blue than the picture shows. I am not sure why it does not show up in a picture. Its more like the colours of my 52 blocks 52 weeks project



I am caught up again with them. Waiting patiently for next Tuesday for the next new pattern. I have so enjoyed this project

I was also pleased just recently, I had someone comment on my blog!! Thank you Janice. I have had someone comment before but its been so long I cannot remember when. I mostly write this blog for myself. I do know a few people read it but mostly its just an outlet for me to write out the things I want to remember, share and vent about. It was lovely to have someone take the time to read and to remark.

Of course this week when I would really like to be spectacular and entertaining I got nothing!!. I went to Downton Abbey the Movie twice. yes twice, because I cannot convince my friends to go all that the same time. I ate out three times and hardly poked my nose out of the door all weekend. I was sewing and quilting and that is my happy place.

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment