Sunday 8 September 2019

And With the Speed of Light

Ok I am already half way through my vacation, Its not fair!!! Yes, I am having a childish temper tantrum. A work week takes forever to move along but vacation time goes at warp speed. Yeesh. I am determined to make the best of the rest of the time I have.

So far its been lovely. I got to spend a few days with Busy and the Carpenter. Miss Mouse and Tater Tot came for supper and I got to give him his sign for his chicken coop. The Farmer is up to his neck in harvesting, it was not unexpected that he did not make it in.  I am please to say that Tater Tot loved his sign, made him fall over laughing.


I am not sure if it was the word "butt" or the word "nuggets" both he found super funny and that is what I was going or.



I had a great visit with the family. It was short but good. I actually don't mind the drive,yes its a long one but the roads are good and there are lots of places to stop.  It was so nice to get the quilt delivered to its forever home, to catch up on the news and spend some time together. The quilt looks good in its new home and they are both happy with it. That is all that matters.


I talk like I did the whole thing, don't I but I did not.  All I did was quilt it, Busy choose the colours and she did all the putting together of the top. She is good with picking out colours, that girl.

The Little Entertainer was going to come and stay with me for awhile on Saturday afternoon while the Nurse caught up on some paper work. That plan did not work out so I had to come up with a new schedule for the day. I did get my groceries earlier and had my breakfast on the veranda. (I am doing that as much as I can because the days are limited for that short of thing now.) I did not have thought as to what I would do with myself.

So I decided I would get at some more purging. I have a list of things that need to be purged and I felt that this was a good chance to  dip my toe in the water again. The kitchen hutch had had a going over, all but the three drawers. Good place to start so  I dove in head first and did them. Here are the obligatory before and after pictures.

The two small drawers:


So much stuff crammed into two tiny spaces! I truly do wonder why I keep these things. There was so much crap in the one you could not open it. I had to work, wiggle, shuffle, empty and swear a little to get that sucker out. Ok here is the after party:


I threw out an entire grocery bag of junk. Sooooo  nice to have that done. Next I moved onto the bigger drawer. Before:


I have not cleared out these drawers for probably 12 years. It was long past due. This space looks so much better now.


I found my old cigarette case and lighter. I have not smoked since 1995. No surprise to any one that knows me but I did not get rid of them. I kept them for fun. I always felt so so sophisticated when I would pull a cigarette out of that case. Its a habit I am proud and pleased to have beat.


Once I was done with them I parked myself in front of Netflix and I finished knitting the slippers for Busy. Not in time to get them to her on this trip but they will get delivered next time.



Today I got going on the ones that KitKat wants. I like the colour and she seems pleased with it. I like having a small project to work on while I have bigger things on the go. So between washing towels and clearing up after breakfast, I knit.


I need to get going on the Safe and Warm raffle quilt. I was looking today for a pattern. I had thought about buying material but I have so much material here, I think I am going to make a scrap quilt instead. 

KitKat dropped in for a visit and to show off her outfit that she got for a wedding she is going to . I love having company and chatting away on the veranda We spent a good couple of hours chitting and chatting. 

I had a lovely surprise when I got home on Thursday. Sweet Baboo and The Banker had installed my new dining room light. He had said he would do it and she has permission to go into my house if I am not home. I was so excited about it being up I took a picture of it in the worst possible light and then I tried to lighten it on the phone. Its not a good picture but you get the idea.



I love it, I love love love the Edison bulbs. Yes they are expensive but I really like the look and I really like the look of it with the clock. I am going to try an get a better picture but I was too excited to wait. I needed a picture to text to people RIGHT AWAY!!!!

I suppose I should get myself to bed. I have about had all the quality television I can take for the night. 

Toodles,
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment