Sunday 2 September 2018

And the Staycation Begins

So my staycation has begun. I am so happy to know that for the next two weeks I do not have to hear the alarm. I do not have to go out if I don't feel like it and I can putter about the house doing things. I may have mentioned it a million times but I am very happy to be at home. I would like to go somewhere but my bank account says stay put so put I will stay.

I did get a little "away" in. The Banker, Teddy Bear, KitKat and I went to the lake for a day. Oh my it was wonderful. My chariot came to pick me up. Teddy Bear whisked us to The Banker's house. The Banker was the designated driver for the day.


Once we all got into the same car, after a tour of The Banker and Sweet Baboo's camper remodel. They have a truck camper and have been fixing it up. He has done a fantastic job. We hit the road with a stop for essential fuels first.


We were off and running. It was the perfect day, sunny but not hot. We usually make a day trip to the lake once a year but last year The Banker had broken her foot and I am not a big walker anymore so we never made it. It was lovely to get going again this year.

We got in on the last local flea market of the year. I actually walked all the way around it! I was concerned that maybe I had over estimated how far I could go. There were no sitting spots around but I found a spot to park my butt for a bit. Ran into some folks I have not seen for a while and had a nice chat. It was so good to be out, doing what I love to do, shop around a flea market, with my good friends. I have not done that for awhile.

We ate breakfast at the local bakery in the park. THE BEST PLACE to eat breakfast. We walked some more then I parked myself on a park bench and let the others shop. The only thing I wanted was a snow globe ( I did buy a new brooch at the flea market and some saskatoon jam)


. I sat near this lovely piano and listened to people play


People just walking about the park, would stop and play. They ranged from kids, just making noise to some really good musicians.



 We had a great day. No snow globes to be found but a good time was had by all


We stopped at a popular book store/coffee shop on the way back for break. Then we headed back home. I did not do all the wandering around I would have before but I did far more that I have done in the last year since I devloped bulging disks in my spine.  I was so happy I did as much as I did. It needs to keep on

The Banker told me she is going to go to Scotland next year. Its just a matter of who goes with her, me or Sweet Baboo. I figured that was coming and in fact if she had hot said it I was going to. I cannot keep her waiting forever if I am never going to be able to go. So I have some time to try and get into shape, and MAYBE get some weight off. That is a constant battle that I win a little and then get defeated. I am still 90 lbs down from my all time high but I REALLY have a long way to go yet. It would help so many things. I will see what I can do.

I was amazed today, I was not as sore as I anticipated being. I have not done a lot today but I am getting around quite nicely thank you. So since I was not completely stiffened up I did a bit around the house. I emptied twp overflowing baskets of containers.


I recycled what I could and threw out some. Its made a big difference. I also sorted these two baskets out. They hold the containers that I use for lunches. Now what I know about me is I feel that if one is good, two is better and eleventy million is FABULOUS. I am trying to cut that out. So now these two only hold the minimum of what I will use in a week. 


Salad, protein and pudding containers for a week with a few extra in case. NOT so many anymore that  they do not fit and overflow the baskets. GO ME!! I have four lids to find. I have no idea where the little bastards disappear to. I will find them!!

I was going to make Laundry soap today but that did not happen. I did get the kitchen cleaned, the dishwasher emptied and a lot of odd dishes washed. I have a garbage bag full of recycle to go to the dumpster.

I also got groceries today and tried out my new toy. 


Excellent $2.00 investment. I got almost the entire lot into the house without my arms falling off. I still have a bag of potatoes and two bottles of vinegar in the car but man, it was so slick and quick. I should have gotten one a long time ago.

I have has a lovely lazy day today. I have ambitions now to do a lot more for myself from now on. I am determined to be able to get around the stores again myself. I want my independence back. Not to mention I miss getting out and about. I have dear friends who look after me far better than I deserve and as such I do not want to overwork them and have them get sick of me always asking for favours.

Tomorrow I have a list of things to do and if they do not get done its ok and if not that is ok too. I am on vacation, I can be lazy but I have high hopes that things will keep on getting done.

Toodles
Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment