Monday 24 September 2018

Short and Sweet...... or Short an dull ........you choose

So I finally got a picture taken of the quilt I will be using in the Safe and Warm fund raiser raffle this year. Princess Diva found the top in a charity shop, I quilted it up and hey presto, its done and ready to raise some cash for a cause dear to my heart


Its a pretty bow tie quilt and it worked up so quick and easy. I am very pleased with it. Now I am going to move onto making the crib set for Sweet Pea. I am in charge of the quilt and the bumper pads because that is what I like to give to the new babies.

I have been busy finishing some Mosaic tile projects. I got my grout on on Sunday and got three out of four done.




One set of house numbers and then a set of stars. I would have got the bench grouted but I ran out of black grout. I have a lot of white but white just is not going to cut it for the bench. So I need a pay day before that happens.

|I sold three puppets and got an order for one more. I also got an order for a doily. I have not made a doily in years. Took some doing to get my fingers used to working with that fine yarn again but I managed. I have an order for three gremlins as well. Never made a gremlin so that will be  challenge.  I will be busy from now to Christmas. Oh yes I have three dishcloths to knit as well. I have my own things I want to make for Christmas so all this should keep me out of trouble for a while.

We had snow on the weekend. Not much but snow on the first day of fall was not at all funny. If it was not dusting down snow, it was raining and cold and grey and windy and well fallish. It was a good weekend to be snug in the house, doing crafts and watching things that have been taped for ever. My PVR has never been so empty.

I cracked and turned the furnace up a hair. I also need to finish that sweater I have been knitting myself for years.Yeesh.

The Banker is home from her vacation down east with her Sweet Baboo. Its fun to be able to relate to where she went. I have been there and its nice to participate in the conversations, not just be on the sidelines saying "I want to go there someday". I want to go back of course, but I have been there once at least. Its nice to have her back again. We had a lot to catch up on.

Book club started up again after the summer off. Its nice to see everyone again and catch up on how everyone spent their summers. A bit like school starting again but so much more fun. We are going to an author reading for our next meeting so there is no book selection this month.

That's all I got. Short and sweet with nothing very exciting in the mix.

Better luck next time

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment