Saturday 8 September 2018

Half TIme

I cannot believe a entire week has gone already. I have to admit that I have loved every minute of it. I may have mentioned it a million times before but I do like to be at home.

So what have I done this week? I went second hand store shopping for the first time in ages. I got this lot for about $7.00.


I cannot believe I bought another picture. I have no idea where I am going to hang it but I fell in love at first sight. The CD's I used to have on cassette tape but I threw out all my cassettes. I was tickled to find these. I just hope they play.

I finally got some stuff to the basement. I was going to ask someone to do this for me but I need to get back to doing more for myself. This has been in my dining room for months. The cats passed in July and the yellow container and the litter box are what I am keeping in case I decide to get another kitty at some point.


Finally, they have made their way to the basement. I took a picture in the basement so I could not be accused of just moving things out of the way to take the picture.


I have been chipping away at the mile long "to do" list as well as doing something fun for me. I made this because I happened across this material I bought some time ago.


There is a lot of quilting on this thing that you cannot really see because of the pattern but I am very pleased with it. Have I mentioned I like autumn? I have not done the decorating I did last year but trust me I love autumn. I will put the things out on the veranda for sure. What else I put out in the house is debatable.

I finally made laundry soap. I want to make another batch tomorrow but at least I have one done.  I pulled the freezer out and cleaned behind there. I gave the upstairs bathroom a scrubbing, which has not been done for a while and it needed a deep clean. I took the clothes out of my chest of drawers and sorted them. Pitched out a half garbage bag of old stuff that is no longer fit for even weekend wear, tidied the stuff I do wear and put everything in its place. I need to tackle the closet next.

I also got going on purging the magazines. I LOVE magazines and for the longest time I felt I needed to keep a million of them because heaven knows I was going to need to refer to them ALOT. Well we all know that is just crazy talk. I have gotten rid of a ton of them in the past and I am much better about not keeping them now but I still have three of those under the bed storage containers full of glossy shinny magazines. So I started to drag them downstairs, flip through them and then toss them into the recycle pile.


Some of them are so old they had cigarette ads in them!! Yikes.


I only pulled out six pages of all the ones I HAD to keep because they were so full of things I would need in future. I have one more container to go through and I will work on that tomorrow. I even got rid of the SPECIAL editions that I thought were so important but have never looked at since I bought the things. 

I am going to finish the wine bottle boarder this coming week. I am going to start to quilt the safe and warm raffle quilt. Princess Diva found an unfinished quilt top at a charity shop, I added a boarder and now its ready to get quilted. I really like the pattern.



Tater Tot started Kindergarten this month and Zoomer started university. Yikes that makes me feel old. Its lovely to watch these youngsters grow up. The Wee Girl turns three today. Sweet Pea is growing like a weed and I am going to apply for my pension this next week. Time is a funny thing.

That's all that I can think of that I got done this week. There was lots of coffee on the veranda in the mornings. The occasional nap was had and some just doing nothing happened. I expect much more of the same for the coming week.

Toodles
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment