Sunday 26 August 2018

Whats a Weekiend??

I cannot imagine living a life where you had no idea what a weekend was. I wouldn't mind that sort of life. I could give it a shot given half the chance but for now I am very aware of what a weekend is and how fast they go and that this particular one is nearly finished. Drat

The laundry is done. the laundry baskets are back on the top of the washer where they live. The clothes are hung in the closet and the others placed in the dresser drawers. Big deal you say, well sadly on this house it is a big deal. I have not hung the clothes or emptied the laundry baskets in I cannot remember how long. This is a big deal. One more small step to getting back to where I was at one time

Here is another big deal:



I have coveted these frying pans for some time and I got the 12" and the 10" not long ago because they were on 70% off and I had some birthday money. I would never ever have gotten them otherwise.So this weeks flyer had the 8" on sale for $19.99 regular $83.99. I had some Canadian Tire dollars to use so I got it. That is only part of the big deal, the other part is I got it myself. I have not been on Canadian Tire for I bet nearly two years. Thankfully the kitchenware is not far from the doors so I took myself and my sore legs and we managed to get the prize all by ourselves!! Victory is mine!!

I have finally got a container in from the shed and boxed up the cat stuff I am keeping. Next thing is to get it down to the basement. In washing it out I discovered a crack in the bottom of it. Only after I poured a pail of soapy water into it. Then the kitchen floor got a wash.

 I also have finally dealt with the cats'  ashes. I still had Minou in her little jar so all three of them have now finally been put in their final resting places. They each have a nice spot in the flower bed. Lucy and Desi are together but side by side (not in the same hole). Just as they liked it in life. I am glad to finally have it over and done. 

I also made a mushroom. I have had the dish and vase hanging about for ages and at long last got it put together. Its pathetic that this took so long. Seriously its a 5 second job to do this. Its just another of the many things I have managed to ignore that needs doing around here.


I broke one of the ones outside. A mishap with the lawnmower some time ago. I now have three of them again


As I sit here I can hear thunder. We need rain so desperately. Everything is horribly dry. I hope we get a complete soaking.

I had a little visitor on Saturday as I took my coffee on the veranda


He scrambled around the tree up and down for quite some time. I had a hard time getting his picture because he would not stay still long enough. I ended up with a number of tree trunk pictures before I finally caught him. Coffee on the veranda days are precious and one must savour them while they last, it was nice to have a bit of company.

I spend some time this weekend purging and hauling things to the dumpsters. I think I have enough wine bottles delabled so I can finish the boarder. I want that done before the snow comes again. having those finally in the flower bed will make some space in the shed. Its just a never ending round of things that need doing and getting some done and more jobs show up to take its place.

The house is still visitor ready. I am proud of that. There is a long way to go yet but I am on the right path, going the right direction and that is major. Its too easy to let things get to you and ignore the day to day things. I am making headway and that's what is important.

Well I cannot think of anything else to dazzle you with so I will call it quits for now.

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment