Monday 17 September 2018

All Done

I didn't post on the weekend because I was feeling sorry for myself and I didn't want to have a blog post full of "oh poor me, my vacation is over". Well it is and I am back to work. Spent the night feeling like a kid on the Sunday night before you have to go back to school. No different than any other Sunday night, just harder because I had had two free weeks.  It is what it is and I am grateful for my job, I am just ready to be done working.

I had a good time off. I didn't get doing a lot of what I had hoped to. Time and money did not lend itself to doing all I had hoped but I got a lot done and I had a good rest. Lots of veranda time and that is precious at this time of the year.

I finally got the wine bottle boarder put in around the flower bed and that has only been two and a half years in the making. I have no excuse to have taken so long to get it done but that's what happened.



It looks really  nice when the sun hits the bottles. That gap at the back, on the left, is intentional. I want to put a trellis or an old gate there to make a bit of a barrier by the back. I am keeping my eye open for the right something.  Hard to tell I got the girl from next door to rake my yard. The tree is still shedding its leaves.

The little school desk finally made its way out to the shed. I have no room for it in the house and yet I do not want to part with it. So I put it out in the shed. I took the picture in the shed so I could not be accused of just moving it around the house to take the picture.


Now there is an empty spot in the dining room, at long last!!


The tote box you see is not  mine. It has baby things in it that the mom wants me to turn onto a quilt and the box further behind it has the stuff to make Sweet Pea's baby quilt. They have been stacked out of the way since this picture was taken.

I got the quilt finished for the safe and warm raffle. It quilted up so nice and quick. I hate to say it but quilting goes a lot faster without the cats all over it. I did miss them a whole lot though. It didn't seem right for them not to be there


I have not taken the full picture yet but I will soon enough and then I shall post a better picture.

I made a trip to Walmart and got some meat. I walked two aisles farther than I did the last time I was there. I went to Michael's the same day. Lots of walking for me but it feels great because it means I am getting my independence back. I am starting to make myself just do it, go and see how far I can get. The farther the better.

KitKat and I spent Saturday afternoon making cards. I got my Christmas ones done so I may actually get some sent out this year. I truly enjoy spending an afternoon making stuff with someone who likes to do the same thing


We were well supervised as she has three cats. We were watched from above:


and from below. So many things to sniff and stick ones nose into. What is a Cat to do???


Poor things spent the entire afternoon keeping an eye on us. By the time the Sailor and Teddy Bear joined us for supper and a movie the cats were pooped and all three found a comfy spot and snoozed.

So that's it, back to work and back to a bit of a new routine. Still working on me, working on doing more than just laying on the couch in the evening. I so badly just wanted to come straight home tonight but I made myself go pick up some pictures I had printed and then I went and got gas, THEN I came home. This is the second night in a row I have made my lunch in the evening instead of doing it in the morning. These things are so little and such no brainers for the majority of people but for me they are triumphs. Attempts at changing my life of late.

Onward and upward.

Toddles
Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment