Sunday 10 June 2018

Can You Call it a Sucker Punch When You Do Know its Coming?

So another week is coming to an end. Its been good, its been bad but that is just life isn't it?? We just have to deal.

The Banker, God bless her heart, gave me some more minion time and she took a round out of my front yard hosta bed. It now looks lovely. This is a little before shot. I would have taken more pictures has I known when she was coming but this gives you an idea. See all that green around the wash tub..........yep, weeds every one.


But thanks to her and her magic garden fork and shovel it now looks like this:


Out went the weeds!! She even started to dig in the landscape timbers that I want to put around the flower beds. I am thrilled to no end. I just need to get some shrubs  for across the front fence, about three more timbers and I am finished the front lawn make over. 

It was parade day here on Saturday so this was my view as I had coffee on my veranda.





Lots of loud music, some dancers further down the street and lots of people out and about. It makes a fun morning whilst indulging in your daily caffeine fix.

The rest of the day was put to more practical use. Groceries, some yard work, and another go round with the craft room. I did the top half of the closet and got that sorted, purged and rearranged. Now I actually have a space to store some of my older scrapbooks. I, also, sat down and worked on the book. This book tells me what is in each box and where the box is located in the craft room. My goal is to be able to go to the book when I am looking for something and not have to rip the room apart.


I found more things to send to the charity shops and more stuff to send to the garbage. I still have a ways to go but things are coming along nicely. 

I have cleaned out the ottoman in the living room so the current scrapbooks have a nice place to live. The older ones are now in the closet in the sewing room. I have pondered the "where to store the scrapbooks" question for a long time. At last and for now its been answered. Hallelujah!!

So the sucker punch. I knew they were  coming but it still hurt and knocked me on my butt when I got it. The PROPERTY TAX bill. The City assessed my property a while ago and I knew the taxes would be going up. Plus I was warned they could claw back two years. 2018 has not been my year for having my finances go my way so not much, hardly any ok fine....NO saving has been done. So basically its sell your kidney and pay the bill by the end of June (yes this June) or they start to charge interest. Crapstastic. Now what do I do??

Then the second sucker punch that I knew was coming but hoped would hold off decided to step up the pressure. My fridge, which for the longest time tended to freeze everything now barely keeps things cool. Its on its way out and I fear that death is going to happen sooner than later so I need to get it replaced. Crap, crap, crappity crap.

What to do, what to do. I HATE having to borrow money. So after many sleepless nights I remembered something from years ago when I purchased a small life insurance policy. I was told after a certain point in time you could take money out of it. Worth a try so  a few emails later and I have managed a small loan on my life insurance. Its enough to pay the taxes and get a fridge. Thank goodness. I am just waiting to get the cheque. I can safely say there will be no shingling at my house this year for sure. One as to put out the fires in order of priority. Everything is super important but one can only do so much.

On wards and up wards!!

Toodles Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment