Sunday 17 June 2018

Life Has a Twisted Sense of Humor or Water Free Weekend

Best words one ever wants to hear............"did you know your water heater is leaking?" That will tick you off in no time at all. Thank goodness Teddy Bear came over to borrow some power tools or I would have had wasted far more water than I did.


I don't really have a basement, its a cellar so the water did not do a lot of damage. It will seep away and I don't have to be down there mopping it up. I do need to open the window and get a fan going to dry it up. I filled some containers with water so I could wash,flush and keep hydrated and then I shut the water off. This was late on Friday. No way I am calling a plumber on the weekend to come and have a look. It can all wait until Monday. I have been in the house for ten years now and the water heater was there for a few years before me so it was inevitable that it was going to go to pieces at some time or another. It just makes me so tired. I tend to want things to work forever.

So up side, I gave the laundry room a good scrub while I have moved stuff out to get to the basement. Its a trap door in the floor and living in a small house with no storage, things get piled onto the door. Then with the thought that a plumber had to get down there, I moved more stuff and while the room was as empty as it could be, it got a scrub. I also gave Desi's litter box a good scrubbing. It was long past due. That's a job best done outside. Nothing like doing a lot of scrubbing while the water is shut off. I do like to make things easy for myself.

A bit  of housework and then spent the rest of the day quilting. I will need to go out at some point today to get some drinking water. I thought I had run plenty but I do drink a lot in a day and the cats have to have their fair share. 

The rest of my day today will be quilting and maybe do some tidying about the house. No dishes can be done and no laundry will be done. I also need to get a quilt batt. I have used up all my scraps and sadly I do not have enough scraps to finish my quilt. Talking myself into going to the store on a Sunday will be the biggest accomplishment. 

I am off to quilt.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment