Saturday 5 August 2017

Remember Me??

So its been a bit since I managed to get a blog post organized. Lets just put paid to the last few weeks and move on into the light. Least said soonest mended!! So moving on, here it is the long weekend and I could not be happier to have three days off. So many possibilities of maybe getting one or two things scratched off the list.

The Banker and her broken ankle are home again and she was at No Cook last night. It was so nice to have all of us together again. We had a lovely evening.

Yes I am still going to go on and on about my leg. Its still hooped!! I did get to see my own doctor. It was my usual appointment but I got to talk to  him about my leg. He gave me some different pain killers and got my back x-rayed. He has also requested a CT scan which I have no idea how fast that will happen. The pain killers make me really sleepy and a bit sick to my stomach but I am taking them come what may. They are not covered by my plan so at that price I am taking them even if they kill me. To be fair I think things are better. Its slow but I see some improvement. I am determined to keep a positive hopeful attitude. Its going to get better, it just has to, end of story.

Today I got groceries, I cannot tell you how much I love Superstore Click and Collect!!, then had a coffee date with the Banker. Its her birthday today,  so I got her card delivered. Once I left her place I made it to one hardware store to get a number of bits and bobs that I have needed for awhile. That all went smoothly and I did not feel like I was not going to make it back to the car before my leg gave out. Feeling brave I hit another hardware store in search of some 2 x 4 boards to make legs for my little cabinet. This place usually has end cuts super cheap. My luck ran out, no end cuts left so I did  not get them. Its ok, I can look around for something else to work as legs.

Remeber the little cabinet when I first bought it. 


It is by no means finished but this is it so far


Yes I painted the wood. I added new hardware and now I am going to sand and stain the top dark. I want to add legs so its high enough for the tv . Legs and stain and it will be all done. Its a little plain but I like it and really its going in the bedroom. It will be fine and provide some extra storage.

Other than that not much going on that is worth talking about. I spent the entire day last Saturday getting the kitchen cleaned up and I managed it. So frustrating when it should take half the time. Today I have not done much this afternoon but its ok. Teddy Bear picked me up a little hand/stick vacuum for upstairs. I wanted it to have in my bedroom to keep the floor clean now I have my fancy new floor. They were on a super good sale but I did not think I could wander the store to get it so she went for me. I truly do have good friends who are willing to run errands for me until I am back to having only one bad leg.

Tomorrow I want to get the last of the stuff back into the bedroom. Its been long enough.  I want to get the top of the cabinet stained and varnished and I want to move the spirea bush. Work on my quilt is also on the agenda. We will see how things go. 

So I am still here, things are moving along slowly and hopefully I will blog a little more faithfully in the future.

Toodles,

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment