Tuesday 18 July 2017

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

This past weekend was much like the one before, Work on the bedroom is moving slowly forward and more painting was accomplished. Go me!!

I have finally finished the second night table. Its all painted and has been hauled upstairs to cure. Paint has to cure for days before you can set stuff on it. 30 days to be safe so they are painted but not ready for having the lamps etc put back on them. They look nice. I am so pleased with the brown and white look. I did not paint the inside of the shelves so I can load them with books and stuff which is nice.



Speaking of books I finally got the last of the books back into my bedroom. Four bookcases worth of books.  I have sorted all of them at long last. I have a pile to go to Miss Mouse and another small pile to go to the Rotary Book Club sale. I even went wild had hung the blinds back up in the room. I have a laundry basket full of recycle and a half a garbage bag of trash gone out of the room. All the remains are to hang the pictures and return the ornaments to their proper places I need to think about the hanging the pictures. They are plaster walls so nails are not the best option. I have some googling to do, although I am leaning toward 3m hooks.

I also painted the window box that hangs on the veranda. I love this Gothic window box but you cannot see it that well against the white walls.


It looks lost and from the street its even harder to see, so I decided to give it a lick of paint. I went with the paint I had on hand so I could keep the reno costs down. And the results were mighty pleasing even if I so say so myself.


I think the blue will go with each season's fabulous floral display. I have great hopes that once I can afford to paint the house, its going to be blue. Plus this blue matches some other do-dads that live on the veranda.

I spent some time cleaning and organizing in the rest of the house, although  you would not know it. I have a box of donation stuff packed up and the diabetes association will come and pick it up tomorrow. So things are slowly getting there.

I am not a happy camper today. I thought my leg was getting better but its acting up again. |I have had a hard time all day today getting from one point to another. I wish it would just correct itself. Oh well, I see my Dr on this coming Monday so I hope he can offer some solutions. I am about at the end of my rope with this not being able to walk any distance and stand for any length of time.

I have the oak cupboard hauled in from the car. Dang that thing is heavy. Fun carrying it from the car into the house with two gamey legs. Ok enough with the complaining about the legs.  Its my next painting project. I hope to get it started this weekend. I need to figure out if I really need to add legs or not. It would be a simple fix I think. It will be great for the tv I think and with the drawer and the cupboard it will mean more storage. I can always use more storage.

So there it is. A repeat of the last weekend. Slow progress but progress none the less. I have not been myself for a long time. I am not sure whats up, I just can't seem to make myself do things that should just be second nature. I don't seem to care and I have to fight with myself to make myself care. I don't like my house to be a mess but it seems to be one constantly. All I want to do is nothing. So I am forcing myself. I am working on making myself do the routine, normal things. Some days I win the fight, some days I don't. BUT I think the thing in my favour is that I am trying. As long as I keep trying I can feel better about the situation.

Onward and upward!!

Toodles
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment