Sunday 13 August 2017

In My Happy Place

This weekend I finally decided that I was going to work on a quilt. I have not worked on a quilt
for some time, It was time to get back at it. I was going to spend sometime in my happy place. Quilting makes me very happy indeed.


So today I got my things together and prepared to work on the new quilt for my bed. The walls have been painted, the trim has been painted, the night tables are painted and its finally time to have a bed spread that fits the bed AND matches the curtains. So here I go, gonna spend a wonderful afternoon sewing.

Can you feel something coming?? Something is not going to go right?? Well if you did you would be right. My sewing machine which quit zig zagging, then started again, then quit AGAIN, decided that now its over doing a straight stitch. Oh for goodness sake, how many more things are going to fall apart, that require money to fix, repair or replace. I was not happy but FOR ONCE, I did not let this overwhelm me. I have a back up plan. I dug this out!!



My lovely little featherweight, which was a gift from a friend, and which I have been meaning to try out for a long time. She sews like a dream and she and I have been happily sewing up a storm this afternoon. I feel like a true quilter sewing with this lovely little lady. So fun. It tiny like a child's machine but stitches along like nobodies business.

I will have to take my other machine in and see if they can fix it. I am thinking they might just tell me its worn out. Time will tell but for now I can get along with my quilt top. Which made me a very happy bunny this afternoon. I have three quilts to make before the end of the year and its high time that I got at it.

That does not mean that all went smoothly. I managed to make a boo boo. The center of the quilt is going to be four squares made up of different sized stars.


I have two of the squares done and have two more to do. I was taking pictures to show Birthday Twin what I was up to when I saw my error. Sigh. Once you see it you can't unsee it


That nice darker blue star patch, now looks like this, as it was meant to look



I did that twice and had to fix both of them. So annoying but as I said once I saw it, I could not unsee it and it would have bothered me forever. Better to fix it now instead of when its all done and living on the bed.

So the house is a mess. Things on the to do list were completely ignored but I spent a wonderful afternoon, doing what I love to do best. And there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Toodles,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment