Sunday 6 August 2017

Short Sunday Report

No rhyme or reason to my posting, but I'm back again. Not because I have anything astounding to say I just feel like posting. Its been another lovely day. A typical Sunday for me. I slept in, indulged in the big breakfast that I like to make on Sundays. I worked on the laundry, tidied the kitchen, made puppets and texted with friends. I was going to hang pictures and put the ornaments back in the bedroom but that didn't happen.

One of my co-workers who is a lovely kind hearted soul stopped by with her three girls and in the blink of an eye my yard work was done. The flower beds weeded and the big maple tree in the back yard was all trimmed up round the base. They did in a flash what would have taken me ages. She is teaching her girls to give as well as receive. I was so pleased. I will of course do something for them. A treat of some sort as a reward for all the hard work. It was so very good of them and the yard looks like someone cares once again.

I did get the legs cut for the little cabinet. I bought the wrong sized screws and I hope to rectify that tomorrow. I have to go out for cat food so I can kill two birds with one stone. I hope to paint the legs tomorrow and stain the top, then it will be finished and can be moved up stairs


I was going to use 2 x 4's but that did not work out. I did not want to spend a lot of money on the legs. Luckily I found a piece of hand rail in the shed that I used instead. I think it will be fine. I will be happy to have this project finished and then I can get my tv set up again in my room. Typically the minute you cannot do something that is the only thing you want to do.

I did not work on my quilt today. For some reason I am not getting at that. Not sure what is stopping me but I need to get over it and get on the ball.

Toodles.
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment