Sunday 25 June 2017

Slowly, Ever Slowly

Well I am back to work after having a productive week off. Last Monday was my birthday and I had a lovely day. All sorts of good things happened. I don't know what I ever did to have so many caring people in my life but I am so very glad I did it!!. My favourite "Bug" family gifted me with a lovely bunch of flower,


They were and still are beautiful, I love the colours and the Tiger Lilies are a personal favourite. I was taken out for supper, I got phone calls and texts and Facebook wishes all day long. Not bad for an old broad.

So it was back to work and back to the routine again. I prefer to be home but work was not so bad. Its month end so its crazy but it is what it is and you get through it, One step at a time.

The Banker popped in on Monday and in no time at all we had the bigger pieces of furniture into place once again. After that I started to strip the top of the night tables. They are currently a cream colour and need to be white for the newly decorated room. I like that wood top, painted base look so that is what I am going for.



The base still needs to be painted but I am liking the way the top turned out. I had hope for a dark walnut finish but the wood has a mind of its own. We are going with this. The other furniture in the room has a red tinge to it so it will work quite nicely. I am hoping to get the painting done this week. Once this one is finished and back up stairs I will start the other one. This way I have a spot for the lamp and the clock.

I also took this opportunity to sort through the incredible amount of books I own and thin out the ones that I will not read again. Its taken a couple of days because Busy is not here to cart the keepers back onto the bedroom for me. I improvised so I could move a decent amount of books in one trip without doing myself a mischief. I used a laundry basket with a cord for a pull and sat it on a towel. Once the basket was full I pulled it into my room and loaded the books onto the book shelves. It worked a treat!! Save my back and myself a million trips back and forth.

The donate pile may not look impressive but there are over a hundred books there to go on to new homes.


Now I have some room to add the new books that I know I will buy eventually. I still have some more books to sort through but I need to get a night table finished and back into place so I can know exactly where the small bookcase needs to sit. My room, like my house is a jigsaw puzzle and every piece has to be in just the right spot or the whole thing does not work.So the bedroom is not back to normal, but its getting there. Slow and steady.

I finally bought some petunias to put in the washtub out front. Red and white ones which will look lovely for July 1st.  I have not planted them yet but they are purchased and ready to go. I worked on the puppets this weekend as I did not work on them at all this last week, or if I did, it was very little. I have four more porcupines to add to the stock pile.

My  leg is still hooped so my mobility is still not as good as it could be. I manage. Not everything I want to nor as fast as I want to but it will get done. One thing at a time. I do know now the pain pills the doctor gave me had no effect on the pain as it feels the same now as it did then I have run out of the pills. I though it was helping but I think it was just wishful thinking on my part. I am very ready for it to stop this nonsense and let me get back to the old normal.

Toodles,
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment