Saturday 3 June 2017

Definite Progress

I am not going to go on and on about my leg. Even though I am a really big baby and I love to make mountains out of mole hills. I can complain here non stop because I cannot get interrupted but I won't. I am tired of thinking about it let alone talking about it.  Its coming along. Its a slow process but its coming along. There that is all I am going to say about "the leg, formerly known as the good leg".

Other things are progressing nicely here at my little house. Today I ordered landscaping ties for the front yard and they delivered them this afternoon . The Carpenter and Busy are due next weekend so I have a wee list of things for him. Replacing the landscape ties along the front sidewalk is one of them. Footings for the basement teleposts, a new handrail at the back step and a new ceiling fan in my room is the rest of the list. Oh yes and to stop the front door from sticking at the bottom. Love having a brother who is a handyman.

While I waited for the delivery man, I began to weed. My neighbour to the south of me mowed my lawn earlier in the day. He has been doing this lately since I am a tad out of commission. I think I could do it now but he got it done while I was out getting the ties. So happy. I started to weed. I am not as good at it as The Banker but I get the majority of the stuff out.


I found the hostas in the front yard. I actually thought the middle one had not come back after last year but who knew if you remove enough weeds you find the plant!!

I also washed down the stuff on the veranda. Swept away the leaves and generally made it fit to sit out there and enjoy the beautiful weather. I have no before picture because no but needed to see that disaster!! Just picture everything all gray and fuzzy and covered with dead leaves. HOWEVER  I do have an after.......


KitKat stopped by because she found me some nice new sheets for the spare room on sale. I mentioned last night I was in the market for some and she spotted these:



 New sheets!! The Carpenter and Busy will not know what hit them when they test drive these babies this weekend. That sounded a bit risque but you can take it however you want to.

We spent the majority of the afternoon sitting on the veranda, drinking cold drinks and working on the weeding.



The picture is a little hard to see but that is KitKat working away on my over grown weeds, with the new landscape ties at her feet.  I am so happy with what we got done. We called it a day and went for supper. Then she headed home and I decided I was done. Teddy Bear stopped by and brought back a table she borrowed for a yard sale. We sat on the veranda for a bit and chatted.

The sad part of my day was the Canada tulips that I made three trips to Home Hardware to get last fall. I planted them and was thrilled when they came up. I could not wait to see them bloom in all their red and white glory.

They turned out to be a bit of a fizzle. Yep they turned out to be yellow and pink. I could not be more disappointed if I tried.  I checked the web site and apparently this happened with some of the tulips. Some came out orange and some were yellow like mine. Most were white and red. I just was one of the lucky ones!! Yippee.  Its too late to change this. These yellow ones are really lovely but they are not what my heart was set on. Canada is only 150 once and this is the whole reason I wanted them.
I even sent a comment to Home Hardware even though there is not much they can do to fix it at this late date. Oh well, I just need to get over it and move on.

Tomorrow I hope to get some wood chips from the City as they offer them for free. Finish up a thing or two in the yard and then dedicate my self to cleaning the inside of the house. I am so glad to finally see progress and to finally feel like doing something.I am still restricted as to how much I do and for how long but its getting better and I am getting there. I do things slower and maybe in a more inventive way than I normally would but I do it. I have wonderful friends who are so willing to help me. and I have family coming to do some things that need doing. Its a good thing you don't have to pay for the good people in your live because there is no way I could afford the ones I have.

I will be sharing pictures as things go along.

Toodles
Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment