Sunday 18 June 2017

Yes I am Feeling Blue

I had this week off from work because some time ago The Banker said she would help me paint my bedroom and June was a good month to get it done. I made the plans and then sciatica settled into my leg but we forged on. She does excellent work and is so neat and tidy. I love to paint but I am not as good at it as her.

Busy helped me to get the room ready for Monday and basically The Banker got going and got the whole room primed. All the trim and all the walls. While I mostly watched.


She also pulled up the last of the carpet and hauled that out to the shed for me. I was not sorry to see that ugly filthy stuff gone.


Tuesday she had a commitment so I thought I would do my bit and put the wall paper back up, It started out looking promising.


I got three pieces up and then it did this on me


Which made me say a lot of swear words. A cousin suggested using wall paper size on the walls so on Wednesday The Banker painted on the size and I managed to get the wall paper up and onto the two end walls and make it stay while The Banker painted the white trim. 



On Thursday the colour went onto the two side walls and I was in love!! I am so happy that I chose the darker blue instead of the very pale stuff I originally chose.


I love a blue bedroom and I have not had one for the last 11 years. Blue and white is classic and with the wide trim boards in this old house, I love the look.


All work was closely monitored by the most particular supervisor.



Thursday was paint the wall paper walls day. It looks lovely!! The paper looks great plain but even better painted.





Hard to see in the pictures but trust me its gorgeous!! I washed, ironed and hung the curtains in Friday night,and they look perfect.


On Saturday the flooring got installed. We did it together, finally something I could really help with.


I lay down on the job but I get'er done!!


It looks so lovely!! I could not be more pleased if I tried.


Now all that needs to be done is to move the furniture back into the room and I will have done the entire house from top to bottom. Every room has been redone and the pink and baby blue decor has been banished along with all the ugly shiny wallpaper that came with the house. 


Toodles
Linda











No comments:

Post a Comment