Tuesday 4 July 2017

July Long and Other Bits

So Canada Day has come and gone. I did manage to have red and white petunias even if the red and white tulips let me down. I even managed to get them planted into Mom's wash tub for the occasion.


The way I am doing things around here it was dicy if this would happen or not, but it did and I am glad. Even if they are surrounded by a zillion weeds. I am not the best gardener in the world. Moving on ..........I also managed to find some little Canada flags to boost up the window box display.


I realize now that I need to paint the window box a darker colour so it stands out more. I also need some better flowers but its a vast improvement over that it originally was and next year it will be even better.

I started to paint the night stands. I gave them two coats and to me they still look cream not white. I cannot tell if they really look cream or if its the light in the dining room. I will do one more coat and see if that helps.  I have decided to strip the drawer fronts down to the wood. I think that will look good. Time will tell and I will be sure to share pictures when I get them done.

I made tie backs for the curtains in the bedroom. I tried to take a picture but I did it in the evening and the could not get a good colour in the picture. They look like they don't match but the blues really do when you see them in person. I will share that too, when I get the right light. I like the way it looks.

Some housework got done this weekend, more puppets got made and not much else. I am still working on moving the stuff back into my room but I am stalled until the night tables are refinished. I also need to find something to put my tv on. I had been using a school desk but its too deep. I thought I had found a little table in my dining room that would work but nope, its still too deep and too wobbly to trust the tv on it. I need something solid, desk height or taller and 12 inches deep. I may have to go yard saling. A cabinet or small book case would fill the bill.

The school desk is not going back into the bedroom. I think it needs to go. I just don't have room for it and as much as I love it, its in the way. I am going to try and refinish the top. I always thought I would, so I will do it just to see it. Then like the Banker I will take a picture and let it go. It does not make me happy that I cannot keep everything. Its such a sturdy little thing and would be great in a small space. My small spaces are all filled up.

Toodles.
Linda









No comments:

Post a Comment