Monday 12 June 2017

So Much Is Happening!!

Busy and the Carpenter came this weekend and Holy Smoke things were rockin' and rollin'. I am speechless with gratitude. Those two are workers and they got a lot done is a short space of time.

The Carpenter replaced and put in some new teleposts in my basement. My old house has a hump in the middle of the floor that he is hoping to get rid of over time. No more wooden porch posts holding up my house. I am so glad about that. I know the basement is not pretty but I have some lovely new posts!!


Then he moved on to putting in a new hand rail on the back step. I needed one. This one had a pretty good swing to it if you leaned on it, even with the brace.


Now its all pretty and solid and there is a nice solid new step to match. The old step had given way and was a hoot to step up on.

Busy helped as well,  You can see the step in this picture


Now it looks like this. Isn't it lovely????



After  he did that he replaced the ceiling fan in my bedroom. I never liked this cheap looking one but I use the fan all the time. Pay no attention to the humongous
 dust bunnies on the blades


Its all gone now and this lovely new one has taken its place.


I love this. Its a great improvement over the other one. 

While the Carpenter was busy doing all these jobs Busy was waging war on the dust bunnies in my house. She vacuumed from top to bottom and then she washed all of my floors. I have not done anywhere near what I should have for a long time now and with my leg being so stupid I can't do a lot but that is not the whole excuse, I am the biggest reason my house was not in good shape. She worked like a trooper and got me in a very good place. I am going to do my best to keep it up. I need to snap out of whatever funk I have been in, get over it and get on with it!!

Sunday found the Carpenter replacing the landscaping ties in my front yard. We went from this:


With a little bit of this:


It turned into this:


While he was out front working on this Busy and I went upstairs and started to empty my bedroom The Banker was coming on Monday to start to paint. Busy suggested and I agreed  that the more we could do that day was the less the Banker and I would have to do on Monday. Have I ever mentioned that sister-in-law of mine is a worker?? We got everything moved out that needed to be done. That includes three big book cases stuffed with books. I pulled them out and she hauled them into the spare room. No small job in its self.

I have always said I am blessed with so many good and generous and willing people in my life. The amount of work that happened here would have taken me forever not to mention some of it may never have happened. Its so wonderful to have it all done.  I still have a list of things for that brother of mine to do next time he visits but don't tell him that!!

Today the Banker came, We went shopping and I bought paint for the bedroom, Completely changed the colour I thought I would do with originally, Its no longer a very pale blue!! The room was all ready for her to get going. Busy is a good organizer and great at getting things done. I need a kick start now and then.



She got it primed today and pulled all the carpet out that was left in the room after I had stopped 
I did about half then got stalled. Its all gone now. So this week she will paint the trim, I will get the wall paper put on the end walls and then the colour can go on the whole thing. 

I am also going to go looking at flooring. I have been offered a loan to get the flooring and I snapped it up. This way the floor will be done and the furniture will not have to be moved yet again. I told you I was very blessed with some very good people in my life. Not sure what I did to deserve it all but I am eternally grateful.

Toodles
Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment